Owledge

To all smokers ... and non-smokers!

Maybe you even tried to quit smoking, but found it too hard. Well, don't worry, because it isn't. You yourself make it hard. ;)

I'd like to recommend a book to you and would also like to hear how many smokers already know it.

The book is "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" from Allen Carr. There's also a shorter version for people who don't like reading books so much. My brother quit after he was half through the short version.

The success rate of this method is 95%, and it's hard to become heard against the medical establishment.

As you can imagine, Allen Carr is no M.D.. He came up with this method through own experiences as a chain-smoker.

There's a funny anecdote about how serious his case was: He once suffered a burn-mark on the back of his hand because he tried to put a cigarette in his mouth not realizing that he was already smoking one. :rolleyes:

The method has many parallels to psychoanalysis, spirituality and enlightenment, with a special focus on eliminating your illusions, but is written in a practical way of course.

If you want to quit smoking, you really should read this book ... and if you don't want to quit smoking because you believe you enjoy it, you should read it, too. I'm a non-smoker, hardly find time and motivation to read books, but this one was great, very interesting, widening understanding and confirming many things I already noticed about our psyche.

-----

Supplement: I added the address to non-smokers, because they need to understand how the strategy of cornering smokers is actually doing more harm.

It's hard, though, not doing this at all, due to the nature of the nicotine-delusion at work.

So maybe the easier and less frustrasting way to help smokers is for non-smokers to read the book, because they don't have that nicotine addiction running that makes one fear change to the better and are thus probably more likely to read it.

Edited by Hardyg

May I bump this again after all the time? Thanks. :)

I think you succeeded in bumping it.

Yes, one day I will try once again to stop smoking. Not quite ready yet though.

Peace & Love!

Interesting timing.

A few people at work have quit by going on patches and they mentioned getting really trippy dreams if you sleep with a patch on.......

errr I like trippy and I like dreams. I am honestly finding the combination rather enticing.....

A few people at work have quit by going on patches and they mentioned getting really trippy dreams if you sleep with a patch on.......

I hope you don't mean they quit cigarettes, but nicotine. ;)

When doctors prescribe nicotine patches, I find that highly questionable.

Then again... I find doctors in general highly questionable. :lol: