Sign in to follow this  
Art

Strange Question...

Being "new" to taoism, but experienced in personal energy work, is it necessary to have a deep knowledge of channels, nadis, etc.? One of the reasons I have come to embrace Taoism is the nature of paradox. Someone else stated it well, "effortless effort". I've found that too much concentration is a hindrance.

Certainly there is much to be learned from "mastery of study," but I've found more often than not that trying to "match" someone else's experience does not produce results.

These are difficult things to put into words, so bear with me.

Thoughts/Advice?

Thanks!

I've found more often than not that trying to "match" someone else's experience does not produce results.

I agree with you.

Explore and discover for yourself - other's experience can give you pointers for your own exploration - but direct experience is key.

:)

is it necessary to have a deep knowledge of channels, nadis, etc.?

No.

With practice you will come to learn these yourself through experience = wisdom. Learning about them without 1st hand experience (knowledge) may be useful (or not) but it's certainly not necessary.

but I've found more often than not that trying to "match" someone else's experience does not produce results.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. My own experience has corroborated this repeatedly, BUT...

with regard to Taoist energy studies, at least with my own experience with the Microcosmic orbit, the literature available on learning this specific technique is unequivocal; remain consistent in your practice and follow the directions and you will experience results that are consistent with other's experience over thousands of years. I don't believe I would have come up with my MCO on my own. I didn't have ALL the sensations described by all the authors, but I had many of them, and having those affirmations was extremely encouraging.

Sign in to follow this