Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Improve the site

So in the interest of continual product improvement if any one has any ideas on how to improve TTB brainstorm away. Your little idea could change our world :)

One thing I really liked was Best Topics of 2008

I've mentioned this to Sean before... and this goes to remedying a major board weakness in that once an awesome thread or post scrolls by, it's rarely looked at ever again. Newbies don't have convenient enough access to distilled history here.

solution:

It would be nice to be able to rate (1-5 stars) and/or mark as "favorite" posts and/or threads.

The main payoff I see to that is the accumulation: someone might search for "most favorited" posts/threads,

or "highest rated" posts/threads. Good way for newbies to draw upon TTB history.

I suppose there'd have to be some individual utility to it, too... otherwise it wouldn't get used in the first place.

:)

Yes , I hate seeing threads disappear. Stig made a good work around in his huge links thread.

We lose a lot of knowledge (dare I saw even wisdom) especially as most topics of discussion come up again and again. Ok it is a discussion board but there must be a huge repository of knowledge sitting somewhere. I've searched threads back to 2004 so I'm guessing they are all in 1's and 0's somewhere.

I usually ignore the basic search and go straight to advanced search or use google on this site. Perhaps if it could be indexed in some way. Tags are good but I rarly know what ones to use when starting a thread.

Invision 3 does have topic ratings.

We lose a lot of knowledge (dare I saw even wisdom) especially as most topics of discussion come up again and again. Ok it is a discussion board but there must be a huge repository of knowledge sitting somewhere. I've searched threads back to 2004 so I'm guessing they are all in 1's and 0's somewhere.

I find that they are at the post level. There'll be a huge thread, and maybe there are 1-3 really good posts, real gems, that I'd rate high, or favorite. Plenty of other threads that have nothing in them at all... imho. :lol: Though I do think that there is value in sincerely inquiring, whatever one's accuracy of response. Engagement in the process is hugely valuable for everyone. :)

Tags are good but I rarely know what ones to use when starting a thread.
Tags are useful only if lots of people use them as a custom. Just doesn't happen. I don't see it happenin'.

Sign in to follow this