Sunya

colon cleansing

Thanks Mikaelz for your answer. I guess I just have some body things figured as being "mind-accessible" and some other things not. AND I figured it could be easier on some body parts NOT to be approached with the goal of pacifying mind, although I do understand when things become an inconvenience (I am almost sure you will say downright painful).

It seems very complicated to me.

Sending you all love. I have no idea if love will work on your insides;-) but I reckon it does work only if you can take what you think of it is good for you. Obviously leave aside the stuff you consider unnecessary or ridiculous. I'm sure there's some ridiculousness in my post. Throw it away with whatever else you don't like!

Kate

Thanks Mikaelz for your answer. I guess I just have some body things figured as being "mind-accessible" and some other things not. AND I figured it could be easier on some body parts NOT to be approached with the goal of pacifying mind, although I do understand when things become an inconvenience (I am almost sure you will say downright painful).

It seems very complicated to me.

Sending you all love. I have no idea if love will work on your insides;-) but I reckon it does work only if you can take what you think of it is good for you. Obviously leave aside the stuff you consider unnecessary or ridiculous. I'm sure there's some ridiculousness in my post. Throw it away with whatever else you don't like!

Kate

thank you Kate :) love is very good for everything! insides included :)

I remember I told Robert Bruce about my lipomas and he told me affirmations can really help as well as focusing on them with healing energy. I'm sure it does.. but I decided to use chinese herbs, and they are working. I don't doubt the power of the mind.. I guess I just doubt my own self-healing power. maybe the chinese herbs are just placebo and its my own belief in them working that is making the body heal. lol. i don't know. maybe both.

i'm meditating regularly now and i'm just really tired of being tired! its a sluggish feeling inside of me. I feel it when I meditate on the dan tien. its like a murky feeling. I am doing all of this.. cleansing, chinese herbs, diet change, some yoga here and there, for the goal of better meditation. because thats important to me :)

what do you mean by some body parts should not be approached with the goal of pacifying the mind? do you think sometimes the body should be just left alone? I do believe in the body's natural purifying and healing ability.

my own situation though is that i'm basically unscrewing my body. I've screwed the body time and time again over the years with really bad diet, especially eating late at night. too many fried foods. when I was in China I ate way too many fried pork dumplings.. the street food there was the best! I had healthy alternatives of course but I just love unhealthy food, a habit i'm trying to break.

so while I believe that the body can heal itself, I think its necessary to make steps toward making that happen. doing juice fasting for example. I'm being a little forceful right now with the Psyllium + Bentonite but i'm only doing it for a short time. just to give a little push, help get rid of some toxins. Diet is also really important it seems in opening up the body's ability to heal. eating light nutritious diet allows the body to have more energy for purification and healing. Fasting is an extreme but I think if done for 3-4 days once a month, can be very beneficial. I just finished day 2 and feel great! :)

I can really understand now why Taoists stress diet and healing of the body.

Edited by mikaelz

maybe the chinese herbs are just placebo and its my own belief in them working that is making the body heal. lol. i don't know. maybe both.

Of course!

;) Mind your matter...

I can really understand now why Taoists stress diet and healing of the body.

Yes, it's important, especially when your building your cultivation practices. Later on it's just natural and you don't have to try so much anymore.

i did colon cleansings from time to time.

the regular program was 7 days, colonics two times a day, in the morning and evening.

aditionally, there were some herbal remedies involved getting the parasites out...

you need to get a dozen of colonics + fasting just to get the FEELING of how a clean body feels like.

with that SENSATION as a base, you can monitor your state of health very easy.

but first you need something to compare it with.

there are many therapist that promote colon cleansing for lots of chronic disease.

colon clease can radically change the way a person feels and thinks.

many psychodramas/existential crisis would vanish into thin air with colon cleanse...

it's because it goes to the root of the problem.

for Qigong practicioners it's an easy essential way to get more 'space'.

the more dirt, junk and parasites you throw out, the more space you have to fill in with Qi.

it's so important that it's practiced in traditional spirituality all over the world.

AND it's not an artificial thing... it can be found in nature.

there are a certain species of birds that do this every once in a while...

Some body parts should not be approached with the goal of pacifying the mind...

What I was getting at was a desire to do things to the body out of ego-ing (I haven't found a name for the activity yet;-)) I think it happens sometimes very obviously as in "I want to diet to lose weight so I can fit in my jeans and look hot and be desired/accepted/loved" and sometimes not so obviously - as in "I need to suppress my pain to achieve a peaceful spiritual state" or "I need to cleanse my aura" also assuming it's dirty in the 1st place means you can see it already, right? And if you can't see it, what's making you think it might be dirty?

From what I'm getting an understanding of, the body experience is just the way things are. The mind experience of the body is often different and I suppose mistaken sometimes (read about panic attacks and you'll get the drift) . Of course sometimes it's not mistaken. And many of the techniques some of us are learning seem to be about refining the relationship between body and mind.

I'm wondering if there are cases where something like colon cleansing (which seems quite major!) is maybe a mistaken technique to use on a body and whether there could be gentler ways to approach it like changing diet and things. But maybe not.

When consciousness awakens, one of it's first needs is to clean up the garbage.

You will see this even on a greater scale, if we look at certain countries.

It can also be done the other way around: taking out the garbage 'cleans up' a dull consciousness.

'Dirt', be it physical or non-physical feeds parasites, be it physical parasites or non-physical.

Of course they don't want you to take away their cozy environment...

So they feed you up with wild excuses

(see above "Some body parts should not be approached with the goal of pacifying the mind..." - it sounds cool, but does it make sense?? Your body is your own.)

Hope this helps

Good luck and God bless

L1

I'm wondering if there are cases where something like colon cleansing (which seems quite major!) is maybe a mistaken technique to use on a body and whether there could be gentler ways to approach it like changing diet and things. But maybe not.

Absolutely! Some poeple use colon cleanses and extreme fasting several times a year just to loose a little weight or because they feel a little depressed. Of cource that would not be any more healthy than it would be to NOT do colon cleanse at all. Anything can be abused and it is human nature to be "ego-ing" and abuse things to supress their bad feelings. Even meditation can be abused like that.

"Dirt', be it physical or non-physical feeds parasites, be it physical parasites or non-physical.

Of course they don't want you to take away their cozy environment...

So they feed you up with wild excuses

(see above "Some body parts should not be approached with the goal of pacifying the mind..." - it sounds cool, but does it make sense?? Your body is your own.)

------------------------------

So, if I've understood correctly, that was the parasites talking to/through me?

I hadn't looked at it like that. Interesting. Thanks! It reminds me of some horrible stories!