TheSongsofDistantEarth

The Prince and the Magician

Wow... you are a trampoline. :huh:

It's sad... you can't really read, but you can sure insult what you don't understand. I'm actually sad for you. I know, I shouldn't pity.

Well, I'm glad you do some practices and have some spiritual experience. This will lead to higher rebirth. :)

Ugh. I'm taking a break from taobums for awhile. Your omnipresence here is, well, tiresome dude. You're kinda manic, posting your take on everything. This kind of forum works best when one or several members aren't constantly vomiting up their smug knowledge CONSTANTLY....You post too much. Wise people listen a lot more than they speak.

Sorry, but you're obnoxious, egotistical, condescending and most especially...deeply, profoundly boring.

Hopefully when I check back in someday, you'll have moved on to monopolize another forum.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

You see, the difference is that for the Buddha, the true nature of experience is the ultimate Truth, not the experience itself. Vedanta takes up the experience itself as an ultimate Truth and the true identity or Self. But the Buddha say's that all experiences, even non-conceptual formless experiences are dependently originated. So, realization in Buddhism is an interpretation of experience, not an experience. Which is why in Buddhism, the first part of the 8 fold noble path is "right view". So, one needs a conceptual ground to work from, to meditate from so that one doesn't start to reify a transcendent experience as ultimate Truth or ultimate identity of all things which is a subtle clinging, a subtle pride. Where one makes the experience, "God" of everything.

Songofdistantearth. Your having a hard time seeing this. That Buddhism has no ultimate Truth, only relativity. That is the ultimate Truth of Buddhism, and thus the middle way beyond eternalism and nihilism. This is what Dependent Origination teaches and this teaching as far as I can tell is not in any other tradition. All other traditions label ultimate truth an absolute "it", even if it's nameless, or beyond concepts. That's still a subtle clinging.

Oh! BTW I realize that many who begin in Taoism extend themselfs into Buddhism. I see no problem with that at all. Many also extend into the religious aspects of Taoism. There too I see no problem.

Agreed. :)

It's all about trying to make our life as full as possible and feeling a part of the creation (don't misunderstand how I use that word).

I could argue about that, but I'll pass. _/\_

I could argue about that, but I'll pass. _/\_

Oh, go ahead. Give me a challenge. :)

(Hey, I might learn something.)

Be well!

Edited by Marblehead

Oh, go ahead. Give me a challenge. :)

(Hey, I might learn something.)

Be well!

Nah... it'll probably disintegrate into nitpicking, or just preaching about not forgetting all the suffering in the world amidst our own happiness. That sort of thing should be strictly voluntary and personal.