Satori

TAOISM IS A FALSE WAY

I'm sorry, it's not that I'm disbelieving, it's just that I've never met a real westerner other than Ted Kaczinski who was able to live a life of seclusion for many years and then come back to the hurly-burly...Oh please tell!!!

You met Ted Kaczinski?

That's kind of cool.

"Many years"? Not just several? I'm impressed. Not many Westerners get to spend many years in seclusion.

Please tell... how many years? Where, when, with who? What is your definition of 'seclusion'? Were you a monk? How did you support yourself? (Shucks, if you were in an ashram, that doesn't really count). You mentioned elsewhere you were from a very modest upbringing... how did you pull it off? I'm sorry, it's not that I'm disbelieving, it's just that I've never met a real westerner other than Ted Kaczinski who was able to live a life of seclusion for many years and then come back to the hurly-burly...Oh please tell!!!

You always come at me with an energy of dis-belief and slight or outright sarcasm.

But, it's ok. ;)

Yes, I lived in an ashram somewhere around 4 years. That counts, because I secluded myself even from Ashram social life. I also lived a secluded lifestyle in this or that city for a number of years at different times, just going to work, and coming home. I didn't watch TV or movies, just meditated, read books, kept celibate, did my chanting. Did my practices. There were times that I spent many day's not saying anything to anyone, just spending hours doing yoga, meditation, reading various books, chanting, mantra, contemplation, but I also did service or work at the ashram. I supported myself by just trading service for room and board.

You should get "Crystal and the Way of Light." An excellent book. B)

Nice clip. the Master's one-inch punch was almost as good as Bruce's was.

Be well

OH! BTW The real reason I came to the thread was to once more say, "Taoism is NOT a false Way."

That is a nice clip. It's interesting, I used to dance like that lady doing her movements naturally. I would just feel the energy of the music and move with it in a kind of dance that was aquatic, strong and somewhat like martial arts movements. I still like to dance like that, feeling the breathing going through my body and moving around like that, with full body movements and what could be strikes. Though, I can't say that it just came to me, as I did train in martial arts for 6 years from 1st through 6th grade. I will not talk about that stuff, but I moved in way's that I hadn't learned from a teacher in this lifetime. I would just move like that naturally with the music in long kind of fluid body gestures, spinning and arching and striking and doubling back and moving smoothly around... very interesting to see that these movements are very similar to Chinese martial arts trainings. Again... my memories of my past lives find validity in things that I naturally do in this life. :P What's interesting is that those that remember are generally those that have been human for many lifetimes and those that don't remember are either just not remembering, or at times have not been human enough times in a row to remember. HAHA!!

Yes but you need the cave first...or later...then go back like the Buddha did and others too. :)

Yes of course... I spent years not talking about anything to anyone, and not even cultivating that ability to share my inner experiences and realizations. When I started about 8 years ago, it was a new thing for me, talking about spirituality.

:)

eh.

thanks.

Ah, you were thinking hermit, like maybe I lived in the mountains and grew my own food and picked berry's. :lol::lol::lol: No, yogic seclusion has nothing to do with such extreme perspectives. As, it's really an internal thing.

Hi Vajrahridaya,

This is going to be a two-part reply. The first part will speak to reality and the second part will speak to whatever you call it.

That is a nice clip. It's interesting, I used to dance like that lady doing her movements naturally. I would just feel the energy of the music and move with it in a kind of dance that was aquatic, strong and somewhat like martial arts movements. I still like to dance like that, feeling the breathing going through my body and moving around like that, with full body movements and what could be strikes. Though, I can't say that it just came to me, as I did train in martial arts for 6 years from 1st through 6th grade. I will not talk about that stuff, but I moved in way's that I hadn't learned from a teacher in this lifetime. I would just move like that naturally with the music in long kind of fluid body gestures, spinning and arching and striking and doubling back and moving smoothly around... very interesting to see that these movements are very similar to Chinese martial arts trainings.

I used to be a pretty good dancer. Especially dancing to Doowop music with someone I cared a bit about. And I agree that dancing and martial arts have many things in common. Broke my hip a few years ago and no longer have the smoothness needed for either dancing or the arts.

Again... my memories of my past lives find validity in things that I naturally do in this life. What's interesting is that those that remember are generally those that have been human for many lifetimes and those that don't remember are either just not remembering, or at times have not been human enough times in a row to remember. HAHA!!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Hehehe. I just knew in my heart that you would let my comment slip by. I would say that I was hitler in a previous life but he didn't die until after I was born so that won't work.

I think that if I actually had a problem, which I don't, my problem would be that I have not had enough lives. I sometimes mess with people and tell them I am considering becoming a Buddhist. They ask my why and I say, "Because I want to reincarnate when I die. I love life so much I want to do it over and over and over again."

Be well!