Baguakid

Big Fat Egos and Sneaky Bastards

Over the years I've found most Qigong masters really have big egos and I was speaking with a Chinese woman from Wuhan the other day who confirmed this.

Also, in the same light, in the Qigong/Martial arts world, there are a bunch of Sneaky Bastards. People who will lie and sneak to try to get your material rather than talking to you straight and honestly.

I find it difficult to find good people in this realm of interest.

BTW, I've been doing this for over 25 years.

Edited by Baguakid

Seek an ye shall receive.

maybe there is a part of yourself that has those qualities and is reflecting upon the world thus you get drawn to these "masters" ?

I don't really know. I do believe that even though you master energy manipulation that sure isn't a guarantee for personal development.

The whole calling oneself a master seem a bit hokey to me.

peace, life and light

//john

I think i've only met one teacher who behaved like the way I imagined a teacher to be. Totally humble, funny and oblivious to any type of self-aggrandizing.

Other teachers seemed to carry a "holier than thou" air about them, which caused me to clinch my wallet a little tighter.

What gets me is when an OLD teacher, like 60+ yo, acts this way. I don't get it. I mean, i'm 36 and i'm starting to get over the euphoria of feeding the ego. I can't imagine being stuck in that rut when i'm 60 and surely it must represent something that is lacking in the character of the teacher.

I think i've only met one teacher who behaved like the way I imagined a teacher to be. Totally humble, funny and oblivious to any type of self-aggrandizing.

Other teachers seemed to carry a "holier than thou" air about them, which caused me to clinch my wallet a little tighter.

I agree, although I've only had one teacher... I like his light-hearted attitude, his students do not call him master, he's hilarious, and he is humble. He's 60yrs old, and seems to be over the ego thing. I hope I learn how too.

What gets me is when an OLD teacher, like 60+ yo, acts this way. I don't get it. I mean, i'm 36 and i'm starting to get over the euphoria of feeding the ego. I can't imagine being stuck in that rut when i'm 60 and surely it must represent something that is lacking in the character of the teacher.

Maybe it's like..... high school drama. Most people get out of high school, and they look back, and they just realize how trivial all the things were that they thought were just so important.

But some people don't really do that.... as they get older they just keep looking for sources of more drama.

Maybe ego works the same way? Some people look back on their lives and realize all the time and energy they've wasted put into things when they didn't get anything positive out of it.

Yes, ego is a tricky little bastard. I think it is seen most in those who have only one central point of life.

Be well!