Sign in to follow this  
3L3VAT3

Allow Me 2 Introduce Myself...

Hey everybody... i don't remember how exactly i came across this forum, but i'm glad i did!! I've lurked for long enough...

I have always been a philosopher/questioner type and interested in Buddhism and Taoism and the like... when i was 17 (over 10 years ago) a buddy of mine gave me a copy of Glenn Morris's 'Shadow Strategies...' which had me geeked! Seriously: he became one of my biggest influences, i tore through his other books as they became available and made MUCH use of the recommended readings section... which introduced me to Mantak Chia, Dr Yang and others...

i just recieved his newest "quantum crawfish" book and just placed an order for 'Meditation Mastery cd's" which I'm totally stoked about...

as far as cultivation: i was introduced to the "Brocade of 8" through this book "Ch'i: The Power Within" by Geoff Pike which i use to this day...

I'm really considering taking the KAP program or Hoshintao but i've got some other groundwork to lay first...

See, i've also been struggling with addiction and shit... i've recently weened myslef off of an Antidepressant and am in the process of weening myself off Methadone... and i want to be done with that entirely before i REALLY dive into something heavy...

meditation and brocade of 8 has been EXTREMLY helpful in my progress thus far... for me it's a way to tap into a higher power in a way that religion couldn't enable me to do... and offers an alternative to the psychopathic, everyman-for-himself, long nightmare of a life that is what blatant materialism offers... know what i'm saying?

anyhow, Glad to be here and look forward to learning and growing with all y'all!!!

PEACE!!!

Hi 3L3VAT3,

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

Best Wishes to you at getting the monkeys off your back!

Be well!

Sign in to follow this