Sunya

windows 7 rocks

I just installed windows 7. I got the newest version that was sent to manufacturers (its basically the final retail version, don't tell anyone. .. i'm just...testing it..)

it rocks. here's why

first off my laptop fan wasn't working too well for the past couple months in XP. and 2 days ago it just shut off and stopped working. I thought the fan was just dying so I was worrying about getting a new one, and replacing it.. which would be such a pain with this laptop. I decide to install Win 7 anyway and the laptop fan works perfectly and my system runs much cooler! strange...

this is what windows Vista shoulda been. its not that different than Vista, but there are many new features. it looks really great, is super fast, really stable.. has excellent compatibility so basically any program should work.

the task bar is completely different. its kind of like a dock and a taskbar in one, you can attach icons there. and the backgrounds that come with the OS are really cool!

im really happy with it. boots up really fast, shuts down really fast, the new windows media player is really good, im sure the new internet explorer isn't bad but I just can't stand IE and use Firefox. and Win 7 is great for that since it allows you to completely remove internet explorer from the system.

networking is a breeze...installation was super quick and easy.. what else what else.. hmm... I attached a screenshot so you guys can see what its like..

hovering over the taskbar icons shows a preview, and thats what im doing, so you can see a preview of the browser which is minimized... trying to upload some more screenshots

post-5272-1248735436_thumb.jpg

post-5272-1248735449_thumb.jpg

post-5272-1248735458_thumb.jpg

Hey Mikaelz!

That's a pretty fired-up machine you have there for being a laptop.

My machine is 1 1/2 years old and I installed Vista on it as soon as I got home. And honestly, I have never had a crash because of Vista. Microsoft upgraded my IE to version 8 a few weeks ago and I have one issue with it but maybe that will be resolved soon.

My Media Player looks exactly like yours (I keep it current with the updates).

Have fun with the new toy.

Oh! Karma made your fan start working properly again, it wasn't Windows.

Be well!

What a fun background. :D

it came with windows 7 :D it comes with many cool backgrounds

Marble, heres an article about how windows 7 improves upon vista

http://hubpages.com/hub/4-major-difference...a-and-windows-7

when it comes down to it though, an OS is an OS. and I'd never pay 200$ or however much it costs. if there was no way to pirate windows I'd just stick to Ubuntu which is free. I used it for a while but prefer the new windows. if you don't mind pirating, i think windows 7 is great, or if you have money to blow (i'm a broke college senior). if you don't want to pirate, and don't have money, i think Ubuntu is worth a look.