Magitek

Kybalion reveals the divine prank

Revealing quote:

Chapter 1

"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of understanding."

Here is the prank.

Some people who think there is something mystical to what he teaches, these people will become followers. They will provide Hermes with food and shelter (and sex probably! :) ). The few(or none!) who see through it will see there is nothing to any rhetoric, and will go their own way.

"Very funny Hermes. See you."

Chapter 7

"In conclusion, it may be of interest to our students to learn that while some of the ancient, and modern, Hermetic Teachers have rather inclined in the direction of applying the Principle of Correspondence to the question, with the result of the "Inner Nature" conclusion, -still the legends have it that HERMES, the Great, when asked this question by his advanced students, answered them by PRESSING HIS LIPS TIGHTLY TOGETHER and saying not a word, indicating that there WAS NO ANSWER."

The wise would have left it him at this. The others would kowtow.

But, then, he may have intended to apply the axiom of his philosophy, that: "The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding," believing that even his advanced students did not possess the understanding which entitled them to the Teaching.

But some insist they are not worthy, and that there is hierarchy. They are still not considering the man just needs food and shelter? (or perhaps extra luxuries ;) )

At any rate, if Hermes possessed the Secret, he failed to impart it, and so far as the world is concerned THE LIPS OF HERMES ARE CLOSED regarding it. And where the Great Hermes hesitated to speak, what mortal may dare to teach?"

EVERY guru,. leader .etc has failed to impart it! I wonder why :rolleyes: . Does he know something you don't, are you paranoid?! McGuru thinks: "Well if you are I shall exploit you!"

"Kill the Buddha"

Maybe it's more of like in the Matrix where you cant be told what the matrix is, you have to see it for yourself? Hermes could have told them but it would have meant nothing without the direct experience?

Maybe....

Since everyone kicks up a big fuss about the Kybalion, I wondered whether they had really read it. People are feeling a bit shy?

I just thought it would be funny to post this.

I used to read this kinda stuff in a spiritual rapture, thinking I was looking deep between, behind and into the words. Now reading it is like looking through glass.

With all that aside, If any of you guys want to pay me I'll send you a personalised chi-packed PM ;)

Maybe it's more of like in the Matrix where you cant be told what the matrix is, you have to see it for yourself? Hermes could have told them but it would have meant nothing without the direct experience?

There is no such thing as an indirect experience. Nor is there a direct one. This is just a flaw in contemplation to think that there is.

Also U. G. has said that Buddha was afraid of entering nirvana(meaning "blow up") so turned to worship instead.

Considering Buddhists don't worship Buddha, this falls a bit flat. But keep on coming with this stuff. It's great comedy.

Maybe....

Since everyone kicks up a big fuss about the Kybalion, I wondered whether they had really read it. People are feeling a bit shy?

I just thought it would be funny to post this.

I used to read this kinda stuff in a spiritual rapture, thinking I was looking deep between, behind and into the words. Now reading it is like looking through glass.

With all that aside, If any of you guys want to pay me I'll send you a personalised chi-packed PM ;)

I've read it and am making a big study of it since I found that it works. When studying things becomes ineffectual/meaningless it means that you need to progress to some serious meditation..... according to my old Catholic spiritual advisor anyway. You've build an effective structure of knowledge in your mind and now you need to fill it with insights. Thats my take anyway.

Considering Buddhists don't worship Buddha, this falls a bit flat. But keep on coming with this stuff. It's great comedy.

Let this be a lesson for me to stop paraphrasing U. G! Giving the guy a bad name! I heard him say something to this effect on an audio. Maybe the word is not worship then, maybe the word is "dharma" or I could just say conversion. But, OK man, you're the Buddhist guy, I get it, sorry to offend.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN ADEPT PRACTITIONER OF THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER, DARIN HAMEL

WHAT NON-SENSE DO YOU SPEAK

...It's been years since I read the kybalion-- but I do remember it was utter crap. If it is, indeed, a prank-- then perhaps it has some saving grace ;)