Owledge

Which creed calls pope antichrist?

Today I received a somewhat strange telefax. No sender info in any way, no specific advertising, just a collage of religious babble, and I'd like to understand who might be the originator of it. So here are several theses and terms from the telefax, maybe you know who follows that line:

- the pope is the antichrist (some number-of-the-beast things mentioned, like crown inscription VICARIUS FILII DEI = 666)

- the holy day when God rested is saturday (sabbat), not sunday (sunday = sign of the beast, see The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, Sep. 1st, 1923)

- Jesus Christ will return

- judgment day, heaven, hell

- the eternal evangelium, message of the 3 angels

- fallen babylon: Roman Catholic church and her children Protestantism/ecumenism as well as babylonian and heathen teachings

- those who take on the number of the beast will be punished by angels

Is this a specific creed at all or more likely some unknown splinter group?

Edited by Hardyg

I have to agree with h.uriahr

Jehovah's Witnesses are kind of an off-branch of the Adventists because Russell used to go to adventist meetings circa 1850-1870s I want to say but that is off the top of my head.

I am not sure of the latin words mentioned equaling 666 might be someone adding numerology.

If it mentions heaven and hell, but not necessarily about people going to heaven (except 144,000) or about people who die going to gehenna (lake of fire) then it is the witnesses because they dont believe in an afterlife.

Most witnesses will quote Revelation 21:3-4 in reference to after Armageddon.

If they believe in an afterlife, it sounds adventist in origin.

Everything else seems to be adventist in origin. Most believe Jesus will physically return in that religion or as is my understanding. An expert on the Adventist could possibly give some more defined answers.

The tactic with it and the witnesses is to generally imply that you will die in armageddon if you dont get the right religion. Implications of teaching the distruction of the current world which is a fear tactic.

Most religions with the exception of a few use fear tactics like these.

The tactic to send propaganda via fax seems to fit jehova's witnesses, for I've never heard anything from the adventists here. But there's also a graphic of a 'seal' with a big "7" in the middle and the words: The seal of the Lord of the ten commandments - Sabbat - God the creator of heaven and earth

The fax refers to a lot from the Revelation and some Moses, Mark., Jes., Joh., Thess., Dan., Psalm, Eph., Petr., Matth. ... seems to be about everything.

One part says that sin leads to death and the merciful gift of God is "eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord" (1. Joh 1,9)

There are other references to eternal life on the new Earth, a right to the tree of life and entering the city that is the new Jerusalem, and that this will come when one follows all of God's laws, including Sabbat.

As far as I know jehova's witnesses believe the Bible is true word-by-word, so the many details about what the bible says look like them to me.

Maybe this is the witnesses' use of the 'new media' because they don't have time to go from door to door anymore and are rejected anyway? :rolleyes: