Ramon25

This is what chi really is

I very much doubt that this is what chi really is, I think if chi does exist, it will be well in the realms of an already established scientific theory. Its not going to be some undiscovered fundamental force, but more like a composition of complex forces that we already know about, but have not been investigated fully in their given state. That is, a phenomena becomes more than the sum of its individual parts. If chi were some fundamental force, there would be verifiable evidence of it in some form or another.

I almost wish orgone energy were real and this guy had discovered something amazing, but its clearly not. Its normal (but very interesting!) everyday physics in practice. If Reich's results were reproducable by anyone fair enough, but they aren't, and the ones that are are easily explained by already established scientific concepts.

Scientists study what is there, not what isn't. That's a philosopher's job.

Ramon25, scientists for this reason should not say god does or does not exist, only that based on the current evidence it is either likely or unlikely. Lots of what was stated in the christian bible was written as fact, but has since been proven incorrect, which is probably why scientists give it a hard time. Athiesm however is as much a religion as any other, as there is no evidence either way. Agnostics are more logical.

Well i really was not talking about god. It was an example that is meant to cover a broad attitude towards the way scientist think. Logic also is not always correct and truth can be found in that which holds no logic. Not that I am against reason, Just saying its one of polar a opposites of a perception that holds two sides. But i do agree agnostics and believers are I think More "logical" Then athiest as athiest are just plain blind to whats actually going on. Lots of what was written in the chirstian bible was metaphor and was taken as fact. Especially In a language where the meaning of words is not concrete and the bible can be rewritten to mean a completly different thing. Scientist as they currently are have no business giving any sort of meaning as meaning cannot be measured, that is the subjective part BUT an equally powerful AND REAl aspect that is largely ignored by a humaity that is afraid to look within. Of all things man fears, his own power is by far the greatest.

Edited by Ramon25

Hi, as an engineering student with some interests in physics I'm trying to gather all the informations I can about this topic, to try to understand what we are talking about.

Let's assume this orgone energy is composed by a flux of energy, made both by positive and  negative charges, as told in William Reich's papers. I can try to understand how an accumulator of such energy could help enhance this flux, much like things like meditations or energy practice also do, balancing, harmonizing and improving the Qi flow.

I can also accept that this flow of energy can be affected by other forms of energy, like EMfields or Wi Fi, or also sunlight or mechanical energy (in QiGong practice its always said that tight muscles block the Qi flow).

What I cannot really understand is how a piece of so called orgonite can interact with those fields and turn the negative charge into positive charge, as said by the promotors of this device. In QiGong practice, as is in my current knowledge, what is searched is not one of the two kind of energies, but rather equilibrium and a proper flux of both. So if we think orgone energy is somewhat similar to Qi, would a device that turns negative into positive charge disrupt the balance and thus generating problems and stagnations?

I red that a lot of people feels better when around this devices, so if we ignore the suggestion comoponent, those object have a real effect.

Maybe the orgonite is just a device that improves overall orgone/qi flow, in opposition to other form of energy that stop them?

So maybe it's mechanism is better told by the opposition between flow and no-flow?

Thanks to anyone answering. If you have some more clear material I would really like to read it. 

Edited by Victor
  • Thanks 1