Sign in to follow this  
dwai

What is a phenomenon?

i think we can end this safely knowing Advaita and Buddhism cannot agree

more like you can't agree with me.

:)

Nothing to do with Buddhism or Advaita...

its a waste of time to continue this Dwai, everything that you say, I refute. you say A, and I say no thats wrong because thats not what Emptiness is, and then you say B, and I so no.. you're just reifying a mental state of concentration.. so then you say C.. and I say no, Dwai, that's not what Buddhism teaches.. so then you go back to A.

what's there to do agree with? that your mental state experience was Ultimate? no I won't agree with that. nor will I agree with your arguments which don't hold up to logic. you dance around the fact that you have no understanding of what I say and cling to your conclusion.

if you're arguing what Advaita teaches then yes this is solely about Buddhism and Advaita, nothing to do with you. though you do hold a pretty lofty view that you seem to know about more about Buddhism than I do. this may be so, but what about the Dalai Lama who himself says that there are differences and Emptiness is not Brahman? is he wrong? what about Shankaracharya who argued against Buddhists in his day? or the countless Hindu and Buddhist scholars who have argued these very points? I've already said this, and i'm tired of repeating myself.

Shunyata does not equal Brahman. the realizations and goals of Advaita Vedanta Hinduism and Buddhism (Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana) do not correlate at all. the practices may be the same but the view, goal, and realization are all different. I will not budge on this. you have not proven your points and your knowledge shows a clear misunderstanding of what Shunyata means. This is fine, you're not a Buddhist, but don't pretend to know something you don't and try to argue in favor of a position that is plain fantasy, unsupported by facts (you have not shown any).

"more like you can't agree with me.

smile.gif

Nothing to do with Buddhism or Advaita..."

that's what this is all about then, it's very clear to me now that this has been a waste of time. you were never genuinely interested in debating and seeing the differences between the two traditions. you already made up your mind; if you were genuinely interested you would've seen already the clear differences that I, and others, have mapped out for you over and over and over again. but yet you keep arguing the same damn points, no evolution of thought whatsoever. so yeah, this is all about you, nothing to do with Buddhism and Advaita. this is your need for validation and inability to accept your false position.

Edited by mikaelz

its a waste of time to continue this Dwai, everything that you say, I refute. you say A, and I say no thats wrong because thats not what Emptiness is, and then you say B, and I so no.. you're just reifying a mental state of concentration.. so then you say C.. and I say no, Dwai, that's not what Buddhism teaches.. so then you go back to A.

what's there to do agree with? that your mental state experience was Ultimate? no I won't agree with that. nor will I agree with your arguments which don't hold up to logic. you dance around the fact that you have no understanding of what I say and cling to your conclusion.

if you're arguing what Advaita teaches then yes this is solely about Buddhism and Advaita, nothing to do with you. though you do hold a pretty lofty view that you seem to know about more about Buddhism than I do. this may be so, but what about the Dalai Lama who himself says that there are differences and Emptiness is not Brahman? is he wrong? what about Shankaracharya who argued against Buddhists in his day? or the countless Hindu and Buddhist scholars who have argued these very points? I've already said this, and i'm tired of repeating myself.

Shunyata does not equal Brahman. the realizations and goals of Advaita Vedanta Hinduism and Buddhism (Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana) do not correlate at all. the practices may be the same but the view, goal, and realization are all different. I will not budge on this. you have not proven your points and your knowledge shows a clear misunderstanding of what Shunyata means. This is fine, you're not a Buddhist, but don't pretend to know something you don't and try to argue in favor of a position that is plain fantasy, unsupported by facts (you have not shown any).

"more like you can't agree with me.

smile.gif

Nothing to do with Buddhism or Advaita..."

that's what this is all about then, it's very clear to me now that this has been a waste of time. you were never genuinely interested in debating and seeing the differences between the two traditions. you already made up your mind; if you were genuinely interested you would've seen already the clear differences that I, and others, have mapped out for you over and over and over again. but yet you keep arguing the same damn points, no evolution of thought whatsoever. so yeah, this is all about you, nothing to do with Buddhism and Advaita. this is your need for validation and inability to accept your false position.

That just goes to show that you haven't understood Buddhism.

The difference between your approach and mine is that I rely on my intellect and intuition to tell me what is right or wrong...viveka and prajna ie.

You seem to rely more on what you've read and the testimony of others. It shows...

I wasn't trying to convince you about anything. I guess you have a long way to go...as do I. Maybe one day you'll see what I was trying to articulate.

Good luck with your quest.

Dwai

Edited by dwai

Wow, was I an ass and a fool in this discussion; sincere apologies to all, Vajrahridaya especially. Truly a beautiful poem; much thanks V.

xeno

Sign in to follow this