Sign in to follow this  
findley

The Secret of the Golden Flower--

I am studying this book, (via wilhem's and cleary's translations, together,) and have some topics for discussion, if anyone would like:

Water (semen) Earth (attention) Fire (spirit)

I am mixing these in the middle cauldron (well, if I can stop ejaculating,) and it is really cool. I really prefer mixing in the chest, though the book says it should be done at the mid-brow. What do you think about this? The book says that the light should crystallize into the chest, anyways, so perhaps it does not matter.

People also seem to interpret the 'circulation of the light' as performing somethign along the lines of the Microcosmic Orbit, (per Chia, for example.) This is bullshit, if you read the book: the light circulates by itself, as you hold your attention to the primal spirit. 'if it really moves, this is a bad thing' the book says. Why the confusion?

To me, it seems like this: I hold my attention to the primal spirit, and this feels really really good on a subtle level. by stopping my thoughts, it almost seems as if the energy that would usually go into the endless cycle of thoughts, instead of being wasted, pool into my chest and body, and feels really good-- and that is the cultivation of the primal spirit.

That's it, really. It's really hard at times... and I balk just a bit in light of the fact that I am attempting a complete psychic metamorphosis. But it is also really simple and I think I might actually win this battle.

Hopefully it doesn't take a whole 100 days for the light to crystalize. If I could just stop ejaculating, (OK I GET GAY WHEN I PRACTICE RETENTION!! I FUCKING SAID IT!! I'M NOT GAY AND I DON'T WANT TO BE GAY, BUT IF I HOLD IT IN I GET GAY! OK!!! I SAID IT!!! I FUCKING SAID IT!!!! .. in fact I'll say it again in another thread, because it's important...)

anyways, when the light crystalizes... do you think... that it is a 'sudden' experience? kinda like a climax after a long build-up? Because I already feel really good, and my head is really clear.. maybe there is no climax, but just a long-progression of gradual build-up? (do you think you'll ever reach a 'point-of-no-return'???)

-basically any thoughts/opinions/experiences on this holy book?

I recommend reading over the previous discussion on this book in this forum. I also advise reading JJ Semple's Deciphering the Golden Flower One Secret at a Time and The Backward-Flowing Method: The Secret of Life and Death. There's a lot of first-hand, empirical data covering JJ's forty years of experience with the SGF.

There's a lot of material on the sexual component in these books and in the recommended thread.

Sign in to follow this