Tatsumaru

Does Magic Exist ?

"If you could manifest a living fish on bones, over, and over,...do you really think such a person is going to chop wood? "

you can do this Vmarco?

"If you could manifest a living fish on bones, over, and over,...do you really think such a person is going to chop wood? "

you can do this Vmarco?

It's not about VMarco. It's about being honest.

Edited by Vmarco

It could be said however, that VMarco has an auspiciously aspected Jupiter in the 8th House, and thus has had no need to carry water or chop wood in the Avidya of the Six Senses.

You dont know what youre missing out on Vmarco than -_- . The best month of my life was spent living in a cave in a forest by myself , chopping wood and carriying water from the river that was running wild some 20 meters away. Amazing time.

Its good stuff chopping wood , carriying water in general - literally and as a metaphor , it has potential to show the interconnectedens and imposibilty of ever being isolated from ignorance`as long as we are alive(note that acting upon the ignorace is very different than being isolated from it).

And it kept my granny fit even when 75 years old.

• Like 3

I am editing my entire post here as it is not in keeping with my current focus. also I'm going to post stuff later re- "the Watchers" in relation to "gulf of Aden activities" ..... this is something worth checking. it helps explain some long standing indoctrinations (ie: spells) that have plagued the human culture for far too long.
post edit (above)

for example .... [1] ...

________

one subject not discussed much is the difference between the hermit style of cultivation and the socially conscious practice.

it's my impression that the ancient Daoists came in both styles. an example of the latter would be the frequent requests by the Chinese emperors to recruit the higher regarded sages for the high positions in government. often but not always they would accept those positions. the escapist position does not impress me as much nearly.

there are things going on these days where withdrawal actually serves the forces of the dark. and this cusp of ages is where the lines will be drawn more clearly and it is probably a time for the wise to become active for the sake of the planet and that is my 3 bits.

Edited by robaire

also i never defined "enlightenment"

"You're defining enlightenment from a human (6 sense) perspective. You don't have a clue what you would "prefer" at a 7th or 8th consciousness level, because you're stuck in the lower 6."

and

"With that above in mind,...do you really know that after enlightenment you carry water and chop wood,...if not, stop saying it. Stop reinforcing a belief. "

do you know for certain that one does not? if not , then stop telling others to stay quite.

"A tantric master said" yeah alot of folks have said alot of things. i resonate more with what lao tzu and chuang tzu said. what suninmyeyes said smile.gif

• Like 2

i resonate more with what lao tzu and chuang tzu said. what suninmyeyes said smile.gif

Ego, ego, ego,...is that what resonates more with Lao Tzu.

Lao Tzu purportedly said, "Dualistic thinking is a sickness. Religion is a distortion. Materialism is cruel. Blind spirituality is unreal."

Lao Tzu purportedly said, "Do you think you can clear your mind by sitting constantly in silent meditation? This makes your mind narrow, not clear."

Lao Tzu said, "to eliminate the vexation of the mind, it doesn't help to do something; this only reinforces the minds mechanics (monkey mind). Dissolving the mind is instead a matter of not-doing: simply avoid becoming attached to what you see and think (the 6 senses). Knowing nothing, you will be aware of everything."

The Hua Hu Ching suggests, "the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."

Lao Tzu said, "Intellectual knowledge exists in and of the brain [the 6th sense]. Because the brain is part of the body, which must one day expire, this collection of facts, however large and impressive, will expire as well"

Lao Tzu said, "the only way to understand [the Tao] is to directly experience it."

It is impossible to has a direct experience through the 6 senses,...all experience born of the 6 senses can only be experienced through the conditions of the 6 senses.

Some are not being honest here, and it doesn't appear to be VMarco.

As long as you brought up honesty. Its not that the quotes are bad but I'm glad you said purportedly. Even if we start off agreeing Lao Tzu existed the Hua Hu Ching was written hundreds of years after his (alleged) death. So to be pure we'd have to deal with with the TTC. You've built a pyramid of logic, based on hand picking quotes translated into english (questionably?) from a source written hundreds of years after the writings based on a man who may be mythic.

But, who cares, wisdom of taoism aside, your argument is 'We don't, indeed can't know anything', with the caveat unless your enlightened and there your definition includes bringing fish to life and having them swim away through the air. A standard few or none have ever reached.

Your argument can used to shut down all discussions.

Ultimately chop wood, carry water..enlightened or not. Do what you're doing mindfully. Philosophy may start in the mouth or the rare end, no matter. There's wood to chop and water to carry, do it and relax completely knowing it is done.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1