Guest winpro07

NanoThermite

I used to react quite heatedly and oppositional to anything regarding so-called conspiracies...

...but then I started to think for myself.

I guess I better take my nut pills :blink:

If that is the "only argument" you've heard it is because you haven't read/listened to the research done on the matter. As mentioned before, most of those who are now so bothered by the 9/11 unTruth movement are that way because when we initially heard the claims made by the movement we were suspicious of the government and decided to look futher. We looked at the claims made by Loose Change and the rest, then looked at the NON-GOVERNMENTAL research by scientists, engineers, and the like, as well as skeptics, and other non-specific researchers. In the end, all that the 9/11 "truthers" do is point at supposedly unexplained phenomena (most if not all of which has been thouroughly explained many times with physics, experiments and outright historical examples) and say "see, the official story is wrong", without doing any research themselves. This is exactly like the Creationists who claim that Evolution is made up because they don't understand how "x" happened, or the way Holocaust and moon-landing deniers claim those to historical facts didn't happen because something about them doesn't make sense to them.

The most common thing for 9/11 "truth" promoters to do (and you can look at any site where these claims are being "debated" for the pattern) is to make a claim, then when someone provides evidence that it is false, they simply say "you are just buying the governments false flag lie!" and repeat the same or a similar piece of crap accusation. They then wash, rinse and repeat until the person attempting to use logic and science to prove a point gets tired of trying (because all attempts are ignored) and leaves the discussion. At this point the 9/11 "truth"er claims victory, not because they have proven any point with evidence, but because they have driven away their opponent by shear annoyance.

As pointed out here: http://www.debunking911.com/conspiracy.htm the worst crime committed by conspiracy nuts is that it detracts from the real conspiracies in our world and makes it all the more difficult to get anyone to listen when our civil liberties are being stolen, or when torture is being committed by our own country or any of the numerous real threats to our world.

thats an interesting site but it does seem to have quite a bit of mis-information. they actually try to say silverstien never gave the order to demolish WTC7 by taking the word 'pull' completely out of the context in which it was used. i guess they're relying on people having not actually watched the video. :P

In any case we seem to have followed very similar paths to completely different conclusions. I once believed there was no way the government would do something like this but those pesky facts kept getting in the way. I also stand in the same place as you on the opposite side of the debate. The 'facts' and 'hard science' you link to looks like propaganda, misinformation and bunk science to me but i'm still fine with you posting it. It's fine with me if you want to believe something different than me or any one else. It's just really bad form to demand someone else shut up just because they dont believe the same as you. thats really the only reason i let myself get pulled into this debate again.

Zensunni Wanderer

your argument basically boils down to 'you dont have all the answers so you must be wrong.'

it just doesn't work that way. truthers dont claim to have all the answers; they just want the truth.

how do you think a christian would react if you said 'you dont know what happened to jesus during those missing years so your god doesnt exist'? does that argument even make sense? you cant logically interject your own version of 'truth' irregardless of any facts just because all the answers arent known. thats not to say people dont try all the time, its just a fallacy of logic.