Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Who does the finger lock?

Who practices the finger lock? Eric teaches it in Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy. When you have lost control and reach the "point of no return", you use your 3 fingers to press the "million dollar point" and prevent the loss of jing.

When I asked Eric about this years ago he said the finger lock was one of the best practices he ever learned from Chia.

I used to practice it alot when I did alot of "solo cultivation" when I first learned the big draw but stopped it when I read Ken Cohen's chapter on sex in The Way of Qigong where he says the finger lock is dangerous and can cause jing stagnation.

I beleive Michael Winn also is against the finger lock.

I use it pretty frequently. I wonder a lot if it's physiologically dangerous though. Intuitively it doesn't seem like it would be good to kink a thin tube that semen is trying to shoot through. :mellow: I'm interested to hear what others think.

I never use it. It seems (never tested it to see for certain) like a very bad idea to me. Learning to move things energetically isn't hard, just takes a few months to get halfway competent at it. Despite the bashing of Chia's sex practices that's occurred, his outline of using the power lock, then the big draw seems like a perfect transition in learning the technique.

I beleive Michael Winn also is against the finger lock.

7765[/snapback]

That is true. I took his healing love class this summer, he called it the 'lose a million dollars point.'

my summary of it from that class it was better to ejaculate in that situation, than create potentially damaging congestion that you had to deal with later.

i quit because it didn't feel right. at least with my physiology as it stands now, it seemed to create a really uncomfortable sensation/pressure in the perineum that didn't dissipate quickly at all. But if somebody can get it to work for them, that'd be awesome. would love to hear how it's working for them.

It's harder to get a sex practice off the ground without it. You'd have to have more discipline and a more supportive partner, but it's still doable. Michael Frost calls it the "training wheels" of sex practice. You do it for awhile, and then back off once retention becomes a habit and only used in cases of emergency.

If you experience pain or discomfort, try pushing on a point further back. It shouldn't be painful or uncomfortable. Obviously, if you have any kind of potential prostate problems don't do it.

I'm with Chia--there's a lot of stretchiness and if you are pushing the right point, there's no build up of pressure either--you are stopping the sperm from getting into the pump chamber to begin with.

That's an important distinction too.

As there still is some loss of sexual energy, it actually helps with retention overload issues.

I think retention is just a tricky practice period and jing loss accidents can make the practice safer, so the three finger technique can give the whole practice more power.

It's hard to say how disciplined one should be in their sex lives. The AYP guy praises the three finger technique as an intro technique too. His discussion of male sexuality is worth reading, btw. He says that the three finger practice reduces the pleasure of the orgasm so trains the practitioner to take pleasure in the process, not the destination. In any case, he says you can still make pranic progress if you blow yer load once every 1-2 weeks. So that's good. More than once a week and you aren't reaping the benefits of energy oriented practices but you are still benefitting from meditation oriented practice, just progress will go more slowly as there isn't much energy there.

Sign in to follow this