GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The aim of industry is not primarily to satisfy essential human needs with a minimal productive effort, but to multiply the number of needs, factitious and fictitious, and accommodate them to the maximum mechanical capacity to produce profits. These are the sacred principle of the power complex. Not the least effort of this system is that of replacing selectivity and quantitative restriction by indiscriminate and incontinent consumption."

• Like 1

Allow me to share some «scripture» (or old wisdom, i think that is more fitting).

23. Havamal (sayings of the high one (Odin))

The unwise man is awake all night, 
and ponders everything over; 
when morning comes he is weary in mind, 
and all is a burden as ever. 

It is fascinating to me how words written down 1200 years ago, and shared orally long before that, is just as true today.

The most powerfull words i have read, are also the oldest:

16. Isha Upanishad (around 1000bc I belive)

O Sun, sole traveller of the Heavens, controller of all, Surya, son of Prajapatiremove thy rays and gather up thy burning light. I behold thy glorious form; 1 am he, the Purusha within thee

Funny thing is that i belive Isha Upanishad translates to approxamatley the same as Havamal: the highest teachings, something akin to that.

Excerpt of another fav of mine, Hymn to Zeus (300bc)  (which, just like the other ones, is about thw teaching of the highest god):

Not a single thing that is done on earth happens without you, God,

Nor in the divine heavenly sphere nor in the sea,

Except for what bad people do in their foolishness.

But you know how to make the crooked straight

And to bring order to the disorderly; even the unloved is loved by you.

For you have so joined all things into one, the good and the bad,

That they all share in a single unified everlasting reason.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:12 AM, blue eyed snake said:

I can explain it to you,

but i can't understand it for you.

On the crews of which I'm a regular in Hollywood we use a derivation of this (usually when hitting a dead end trying to explain things to producers and art department folk).

"I'd explain it to you, but I don't have any crayons..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whatever you do in the pursuit of truth or reality takes you away from your own very natural state in which you always are. It’s not something you can acquire, attain or accomplish as a result of your effort. All that you do makes it impossible for what already is there to express itself. That is why I call this your natural state. You’re always in that state. What prevents what is there from expressing itself in its own way is the search. The search is always in the wrong direction, so all that you consider very profound, all that you consider sacred, is a contamination in that consciousness. You may not [Laughs] like the word contamination but all that you consider sacred, holy and profound is a contamination. There’s nothing that you can do, it’s not in your hands. This is something which I can’t give because you have it. It is ridiculous to ask for a thing which you already have. There isn’t anything to get from anybody. You have what I have. I say you are there.

UG Krishnamurti

The timing of finding this in an old post is tantamount to the dao poking me and grinning... such treasure as this!

• Like 2

i have found sharing to be crucial to my process in matters of grief and love in particular.

When i share grief, it diminishes somewhat.

And when i share my love, it expands.

• Like 2

The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space. ~ Eckhart Tolle

With the changing of seasons and the integrity of matter, the external form of the earth changes over time. The driving force behind this devolution is the human mind. The higher, pure consciousness manifests in a robust, verdant planet, while the lowest, impure consciousness produces a polluted, corroded state of existence. ~ Prajapita Brahmakumaris

The damage we cause to the environment is a consequence of how we are within ourselves. If we realize that maintaining our inner climate is in our hands, we will understand that taking action for the environment is also in our hands. ~ Sadhguru

• Like 2

Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. -- Matsuo Basho

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"He who neglects to drink of the spring of experience is likely to die of thirst in the desert of ignorance" - Li Po

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Just because there is a problem doesn't mean there is a solution. -- Arthur Janov

I can Imagine he and John Lennon having a chat about it... :lol:

• Haha 1