Sign in to follow this  
contrivedname!

howdy folks

hello all,

i actually stumbled upon this forum a couple of months ago, when a member here, gossamer (hope shit works out for ya), started posting in another daoism forum that i post in called daoisopen.com (or dao is insane if you prefer ;) ) i live in california

i ran across the dao de jing a few years ago when i started to become interested in spiritual endeavors. it was the first major work of any tradition that i read (yes even before really had much exposure to christianity or bible, besides a little bit when i was younger and the obvious societal conditioning that goes w/ said tradition, had never actually read the bible, only heard quoted) and when i read it i had no idea of any history, lineages (still kind of an odd concept in some ways to me), or any of the actual practices (qi gong, tai ji, etc.) and i suppose you could say that i still have that level of understanding of these things. i am also very interested in buddhism, particularly zen and tibetan, though again, am quite unfamiliar with the actual structured practices per se, though really i am interested in learning about most traditions, i just seem to bend in the direction of those stated more.

there are many posts and topics here which i have found quite interesting and have finally decided to jump on in and add my input.

i have also noticed that lienshan has been posting his "mawangdui b" translations here as well, good luck to you sir! (kinda doubt you'll read this, but maybe)

Sign in to follow this