Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Kumar Frantiz Opening The Energy Gates

Have been doing this practice for some time with good benefit. He advises not to do the practice on the brain unless under the guidance of a teacher. Says it is too risky. Any thoughts?

ralis

I got the book just a little while ago and I'm working my way through it now. I've only just made it to the breathing through the back of the lungs part, and I'm working on the standing posture now.... when lying down on my back, or sitting in a chair, I can breathe fairly well through all parts of the belly and the lungs, but when I stand I have a hard time feeling the expanding and contracting....

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but if you're further ahead, could you share any insights?

As far as working stuff out with a teacher.... I'd heed any warnings he gives. Not everyone likes Frantzis, but most people agree that he's fairly high level anyway, and he's trained with some of the top teachers (even if.... uh.... his body doesn't show the signs you'd expect of a top level teacher), so if he's telling you to be careful of a practice, you should probably do it. He has two books out on other taoist water meditation methods anyway, so I'm sure there's more out there for you to check out without worrying about messing up your brain :wacko:

Though in the end I'd say be honest with yourself, especially if you don't have access to a teacher. That's one of the reasons why most people say don't learn from a book, I think, because most people AREN'T honest with themselves.... and that's a pretty valid assertion. You've got to be aware that you are your own worst enemy and.... get over that. If you can appraise yourself as honestly as you can, you may realize you don't want to go on with that particular technique.... or maybe you do. So, that's really the only thing I can say.... till I get to the part that you're talking about :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Sign in to follow this