Sign in to follow this  
ThisLife

The Connection between Taoism and Mountains

Hi ThisLife. Thankyou for thanking me, and thankyou too. Thankyou for the thought provokingness you have initiated.

What I can say is only this : taoist practises have led me to experience that there is no 'ugliness' and no place 'better' than the other. This is when practises are being adhered to, and the results are being experienced. It is a very fortunate state to achieve and it is achievable. Taoism for me is not so much something that I think about, rather something that I live through daily integrated practice. It is perfectly possible to be moved to a state of awe or a state of cosmic bliss by contemplating a pile of shit. This is simply the case... if your practises are working, then differentiation is a mind game.

I am, like everyone on the planet, all too fully aware of and ensconced in the dualisms that we live with, and like everyone else on the planet, from my usual ego point of view I prefer 'nice places' and of course I love mountains, and as I said, I crave them : they refresh the eyes and soul. That is clear to all.

Dragons are everywhere. The shift from without created mountains in the first place.... the shift from within : imagine what that creates.

Love to you all. Lovely thread.

South-east Norway is pretty mellow. Only rolling hills and the occasional cliff.

If you go west and north, it's a whole differnent country all together.

As for good qigong landscape the north of Germany; Sylt?

h

Anywhere on the coast, at east in east Geramny , is not so bad actually. It's usually not too hard finding a quiet spot on the beach for practice, so far. Tourist infrastructure is still expanding heavily though, even in a crowded country like Germany.

I do love Norway however, going hiking all day, finding a serene place of the path for meditation (if it's not raining ;) ). I am coming again in May and really looking forward to it.

Sign in to follow this