Sign in to follow this  
hhq

connection between Mantak Chia's training and Bon/Buddhism ?

I have read some of Mantak Chia's books and find the material to be interesting. Research of his methods has indicated that some of the training is at least influenced by Tibetan Buddhism or possibly Bon (?) (I have no knowledge of these subjects -- I only know they are possibly somehow connected). I read a post here that supports the idea that some of his teaching is influenced by Tibetan training. This post suggested that someone named Lar Short may have exchanged information with Chia. What are your thoughts on Lar Short and what he teaches? Does anyone know if Lar Short is still teaching? If so, how does one find him? If not, does he have any top students to whom he transmitted his knowledge/lineage to that can teach?

Are there others who teach what he teaches via a legitimate lineage (there are so many people who teach all sorts of things it is hard to know who is real and who is not)?

More generally, what, if any, practices in Daoism are similar to Bon/Tibetan Buddhism? What are the differences? Which one may be better for the beginner and why? Who are some of the best teachers in each? I have read several books, but need/want to find someone who can really fill in the gaps with personal teaching.

Sorry for all the questions. I am really new to the study of eastern practices and want to make the best choice I can possibly make. I welcome any suggestions you have about this topic.

Have a super and blessed day!!!!

Sign in to follow this