Does a seedling 'plan' on becoming a mighty oak? Or does the joyful expression of it's true nature make it so?

:D

I imagine that it must have some kind of Seedling Development Plan supported by a number of leaf and branch project groups. Acorn production must of course be optimized.

I imagine that it must have some kind of Seedling Development Plan supported by a number of leaf and branch project groups. Acorn production must of course be optimized.

Haha, that one made me laugh... then cry a little on the inside as I'm a project manager.

How can one who seeks unity with "no-thing ness" unite with it by trying to leave part of it behind?

Very very good question... you can't leave anything out or add something that isn't already there. Everything is everything. What we can do, is see it for what it is without adding our likes/dislikes.

Thanks ALL. From the "seeing" and "knowing" does the "doing" then come, as Rookie mentioned on page one?

I can decide to build a chair ,then think about how I want it to be;see it in my being, then put the plans on paper,then gather my tools and the materials, but if I don't complete the process with an action then the chair I have spent energy on is not real. Until I put it together I had better not try to sit on it or the reality I would unite with would be my butt greeting the floor. Am I missing something? :)

I guess what I wondering is, isn't there some-thing/action/interaction we should be doing with this growing perception of reality in the here and now to make the here and now a little more like the reality we are growing aware of. Shouldn't the cycle of perception,thought,action,consequence be toward the good if humans are becoming aware? Shouldn't our interaction with our fellow human beings be more and more thoughtful,kind,compassionate,understanding and...loving? I don't see much of it on the news. Sorry, I guess I am just venting. I understand and feel what has been said in these posts and I relish the communication/community/communing on this site. Thanks ALL,Shalom,Bob :)

Thanks ALL. From the "seeing" and "knowing" does the "doing" then come, as Rookie mentioned on page one?

I can decide to build a chair ,then think about how I want it to be;see it in my being, then put the plans on paper,then gather my tools and the materials, but if I don't complete the process with an action then the chair I have spent energy on is not real. Until I put it together I had better not try to sit on it or the reality I would unite with would be my butt greeting the floor. Am I missing something? :)

Depends on your perspective - if you are a Buddhist then even if you make the chair it is still not 'real' in the sense of independently existent. It is made of parts, temporary (subject to decay) and dependent on other things. Chair also is a functional descriptor. If you make a coffee table but decide to use it for sitting on - then is it a chair or a table? If you say it depends on intent - then the chair is in the mind. So the chair is real as soon as you imagine it so to speak and the actual chair you might construct is just a temporary physical reflection of the chair-form. Indeed your capacity to conceive of chair (as a being in the time-process) depends on there being an eternal chair concept which transcends your specific time bound imagination. Indeed the chair as a universal-eternal could be said to be more real than an individual person. In which case you only exist so that the chair can have a chance to incarnate. You are the servant of the Chair-god. You should know your place and sit down!

Edited by apepch7

I guess what I wondering is, isn't there some-thing/action/interaction we should be doing with this growing perception of reality in the here and now to make the here and now a little more like the reality we are growing aware of.

I'm not asking the questions to lead you to a specific answer, they are just questions, further inquiry.

Can we perceive without bias? Is there a separation between "reality in the here and now" and "reality we are growing aware of"? If there is, what is different? Is it material? Is it our opinion? Is it the same reality with a different quality to it? Can there be a reality with no quality at all, one that just 'is'?

Shouldn't the cycle of perception,thought,action,consequence be toward the good if humans are becoming aware? Shouldn't our interaction with our fellow human beings be more and more thoughtful,kind,compassionate,understanding and...loving?

I think so, but why? Why would people act in that way? What would the motivation be? Is it a result of "this is how we are supposed to be" aka more conditioning? I honestly don't know because I'm not there yet, so I just have ideas on 'what could happen' once we're unconditionally aware. As I've read in a few places, what we interpret as love, thoughtfulness, etc. is a result of awareness and is not brought about by a specific effort or ideal.

I don't see much of it on the news. Sorry, I guess I am just venting. I understand and feel what has been said in these posts and I relish the communication/community/communing on this site. Thanks ALL,Shalom,Bob :)

The news is a business and in order to stay in business it reports on what gets ratings. That's one aspect. The other is that we live in a world that is in constant conflict. From as small as keeping up with the Jones' to as large as the wars and crime that is going on. Throughout history this has been a major part of our life. But, again more questions lol, why is there conflict? Why is there violence? What is the root cause of these things?

Hmm.

All the best,

Nate