Sign in to follow this  
MatthewQi

Master Han's Central Channel Meditation

This is one of the first meditations I learned (it is in Daniel Reid's Chinese Health and Healing).  I still use it from time to time and thought others might enjoy it...

http://1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_medi..._master_Han.htm

Matt

6482[/snapback]

In reading the instructions he says "focus on the beam of energy entering the crown of the head at a point about two inches above the hairline, called the 'Medicine Palace'."

Two inches above the hairline, unless I have an especially low hairline I think this measurement is inaccurate. My understanding and experience of the central channel puts the crown center point more, well, in the center. This point he describes seems more angled to the front.

What is you experience of this meditation in regard to this point? My point location training says to go from the middle of the top of the ears and draw a line straight up as the simplest way to find the crown point. Do you think he is intentionally locating a different point for thepurpose of this meditation?

Otherwise, thanks for the input. Don't mean to nitpick, but if I were just starting out I wouldn't want to start doing something like this without first knowing where to properly focus.

Craig

Craig,

That is a good point! I actually learned it from Daniel Reid's book that had a diagram in it which made it much clearer. His book has the same exact text as on the link, hmm... Anyway, you are correct, talking about the crown point as you described.

Matt

Sign in to follow this