Sign in to follow this  
Franky

meditation help

Guest sykkelpump

Well if the best one you came across only does that then I would like to put forth the proposition that you haven't experienced powerful chi kung, nor have you experienced a lot of chi. There is much more that can be done in chi kung than what you describe for Spring forest. Some of the things that can increase chi more than Spring Forest is Zhan Zuang, shaking (hundreds of types), gathering chi from nature (hundreds of types), and chi packing (hundreds of types). It appears that Spring Forest has none of those and so it is what I call wimpy chi kung. A good nei kung system includes all of those techniques and more, in addition to the types of movement you describe. In addition the power types of chi kung cultivate a lot of hand power and so your hands are much better tools. I can do the microcosmic orbit by using my hands and it is much much stronger than can be done by simply sitting, and there are hundreds of variations of it, and most of them look somewhat like a beautiful exotic dance. However, in the final analysis, even done my way, the MCO does not increase chi power.

Done 'properly', which consists partly of doing it much more slowly than most people do chi kung, makes it more like a strenuous moving zhan zuang. Done properly chi kung IS already meditation! It gets much more chi moving than can be done with sitting alone, and THEN we sit to put all that extra chi to work.

You mention having it build up a tremendous amount of chi so that it works up the central channel but that doesn't sound like a tremendous amount, as the goal of a good nei kung system is to get chi pulsing very powerfully in your entire body, so much so that it feels like you have ants crawling all over your body, and inside too (ref: Tai Chi classics), and it generates a strong feeling of physical bliss. The chi feels very strong in your head and very large amounts of chi shine out from your entire body, and much more from your head, and even more than that goes out the crown point.

That's the way I know, and I only know my way not others so I'm not an expert on cpomparative chi kung, I'm sure there are other ways. For example John Chang has stated (I guess) that he cultivates his power simply by sitting and it appears he has good power. I'm just trying to point out that your ideas are not complete.

I guess my teacher was talented then because he got us started like this; "No thinking!" ... and focusing is a type of thinking.

... except for focusing on holding proper posture, which isn't thinking.

Yes I feel chi pulsing all over the body all the time.And I can move the mco with hand movements.But it is because of meditation.But I find spring forest helpful.

Not sure I belive everything you write.Tell me how does it feel when you move the mco with your hands?

Yes I feel chi pulsing all over the body all the time.And I can move the mco with hand movements.But it is because of meditation.But I find spring forest helpful.

Not sure I believe everything you write.Tell me how does it feel when you move the mco with your hands?

I'm sure Spring Forest is helpful, most chi kung is helpful in some way. As to the description of additional types of chi kung for generating power, I'm simply recounting parts of the practice I know - and importantly - keep in mind that i do emptiness meditation too so it would be hard to discern what is causing what. However I do know that some of th emovements we do increase chi much more than 'standard' chi kungs, because I did standard chi kung for a few years before being allowed to be a student of my main teacher.

As far as believing which of us feels more energy that is impossible to say because we are not in each other's body. It would require someone like my teacher, who can look at our auras and know which one has more.

Also, there is this. lets say two people have the same amount of chi but one is very yin and the other is yang. The yin one will feel like much more energy is flowing in them than the yang one but it is only their feeling and it actually isn't more. I myself am more yang, somewhat like a bull in a china closet. People who are sensitive tell me I radiate a LOT of chi when I practice, but it simply doesn't feel like that much to me. That is all I know.

To your last question. If I do the MCO with my hands I feel the flow and it feels nice. If I do the same thing but have my hands around head level it does strange things to my perception and produces a kind of vertigo sensation. So who knows, I don't. All I know is that there are plenty of movement techniques which ramp up chi power quite a bit.

Guest sykkelpump

I'm sure Spring Forest is helpful, most chi kung is helpful in some way. As to the description of additional types of chi kung for generating power, I'm simply recounting parts of the practice I know - and importantly - keep in mind that i do emptiness meditation too so it would be hard to discern what is causing what. However I do know that some of th emovements we do increase chi much more than 'standard' chi kungs, because I did standard chi kung for a few years before being allowed to be a student of my main teacher.

As far as believing which of us feels more energy that is impossible to say because we are not in each other's body. It would require someone like my teacher, who can look at our auras and know which one has more.

Also, there is this. lets say two people have the same amount of chi but one is very yin and the other is yang. The yin one will feel like much more energy is flowing in them than the yang one but it is only their feeling and it actually isn't more. I myself am more yang, somewhat like a bull in a china closet. People who are sensitive tell me I radiate a LOT of chi when I practice, but it simply doesn't feel like that much to me. That is all I know.

To your last question. If I do the MCO with my hands I feel the flow and it feels nice. If I do the same thing but have my hands around head level it does strange things to my perception and produces a kind of vertigo sensation. So who knows, I don't. All I know is that there are plenty of movement techniques which ramp up chi power quite a bit.

I understand you dont know as much as you claim to know.Please tell me more about how the mco feels .And do your reaearch this time(joke lol).With your own words please

Sykkelpump, your vision seems a little foggy, maybe you should take a dump or something. :)

The MCO feels like a joke compared to how much energy I have in my hands and in my head when I practice. I hardly bother playing around with jokes, and people who make a big deal about "the joke" are jokes too, that's how I feel about it. My teacher said doin' the joke was stupid, and so it is, but if you like it go ahead. I tried it a little and felt a little but I have more important things to do with my practice time. Whoooopeeee, MCO, a thrill a minute.

Doin' the joke is like teaching a dog to STAY and then if you want it to come to your aid it won't because it's staying.

NEXT!

Edited by Starjumper7

Guest sykkelpump

Sykkelpump, your vision seems a little foggy, maybe you should take a dump or something. :)

The MCO feels like a joke compared to how much energy I have in my hands and in my head when I practice. I hardly bother playing around with jokes, and people who make a big deal about "the joke" are jokes too, that's how I feel about it. My teacher said doin' the joke was stupid, and so it is, but if you like it go ahead. I tried it a little and felt a little but I have more important things to do with my practice time. Whoooopeeee, MCO, a thrill a minute.

Doin' the joke is like teaching a dog to STAY and then if you want it to come to your aid it won't because it's staying.

NEXT!

Haha,what are you talking about.you couldnt answer my question as I asumed

Edited by sykkelpump

Or maybe I could answer it :) , or maybe I already did and you didn't see it ... but since you asked you go first, what does it feel like to you?

Sign in to follow this