Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

You fu!

"knowledge of how the body works--both your own and your opponent-and you have the potential to develop into a highly effective and unique martial artist, a master of "You Fu" as Scott calls it. So the difference lies in the goal: actualizing a style, or actualizing your own movement. Both can be effective, but the latter is far more direct, far more satisfying, and far more natural."

from article in circular strength mag calledFor The Western Mind

I find that so true. Westerners dont want limited range of motion that comes with 99 percent of these martial arts, we want freedom!

"knowledge of how the body works--both your own and your opponent-and you have the potential to develop into a highly effective and unique martial artist, a master of "You Fu" as Scott calls it.  So the difference lies in the goal: actualizing a style, or actualizing your own movement. Both can be effective, but the latter is far more direct, far more satisfying, and far more natural."

from article in circular strength mag calledFor The Western Mind

I find that so true. Westerners dont want limited range of motion that comes with 99 percent of these martial arts, we want freedom!

6035[/snapback]

great article!

reading the rmax stuff makes me wonder why i got such great teachers in martial arts because they are saying the same stuff only without as much internal taoist stuff which to me makes alot of sense as opposed to Professor Sunshine's disconnect with the taoist lingo.... to me the poetic, flowery names of the taoist arts actually helps me quite a bit.... western though i may be.

yeah like "door of life"

6054[/snapback]

...... mud pill palace, jade pillow, the one point, hundred meeting point, sea of chi, sea of marrow, spiritual valley, repulse monkey, snake creeps down, dragon flies over rainbow, buddha pounds pestle, old man finds needle at sea bottom........

and pretend that this forum let me attatch a pic of 'monkey steals peach'

which is:

mud pill palace

the one point

spiritual valley

old man finds needle at sea bottom?

6083[/snapback]

pituitary gland

bai hui (cv 20)

between brain spheres

a taiji posture

Sign in to follow this