Sign in to follow this  
admin

Out of town for two weeks

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm out of town on business and don't have a laptop so I won't have much internet access. I want to hold off until I get back and can get the site on it's own domain before making any major decisions about the site, in particular adding administrators and moderators. I'm not sure about the security of phpBB and while I generally trust that no one here selected for administrator rights would abuse their priveleges, I'd rather not gamble at this point with this on my own server which hosts my personal work and other private materials.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm looking forward to getting back from my trip and getting the ball rolling on this forum again.

Sean.

[edit] PS: I'm not ignoring any posts here or private messages/email that anyone has sent me. I just haven't had time to go through everything. I will work to find time later this evening to respond to posts/pm's and address issues that anyone is having.

MAN THANX FOR EVERYTHING, YA DONT HAVE TO FEEL DA OBLIGATION TO USE YER OWN SERVER FOR DA SITE. WE NEED TO SET UP A WAY TO CONTRIBUTE TO DA DEVELOPMENT, IT SHOULDNT BE JUST A LOAD ON YER SHOULDERS.

USING SOMEBODY'S WEB HOSTIN SPACE IS PRACTICAL FOR A SMALL SITE WITH SMALL TRAFFIC, JUST TO SAVE $$$. I CAN ALSO ASK MY COMPUTER FRIENDS IF THEY HAVE SOME SUBDOMAIN SPACE I CAN BORROW IN CASE YA DONT FEEL LIKE YA WANNA USE YER SERVER FOR THIS PROJECT.

IN FACT, WHAT WE CAN DO IS HAVIN 2 OR MORE MIRRORS OF DA SAME WEB SITE SO IF SOME OF US GOES CRAZY LIKE JAMES MCC. DID, DA REST OF US WILL SURVIVE DA MADNESS.

ANYHOW THANX A LOT FOR SAVIN DA COMMUNITY N WE LOOK FORWARD TO YER COME BACK, OK, GIVE US A FUILL REPPORT AS REGGARDIN DA HOOKERS YALL FIND ON DA ROAD OK??

BYE NOW

RJ

No problem Ron. I'm just really glad to help out in any way I can this Taoist community that I've learned so much from over the last year. Let's just keep being chaotic for the time being, letting ideas flow semi-disorganized and by the time I get back I think things will have settled and we can get to business.

[edit]

PS: I think I fixed the avatar folder. After I did the "threaded" mod I think it got the wrong permissions and it may not have been allowing avatar uploads.

Sign in to follow this