林愛偉

Developing and Already Working Clinic

Thanks for your response.

Taking it to email for some things I wanted to ask you about your understanding of certain issues.

:D

A shame you do not tend to sensual pleasures, as that is one pimping hat!! :lol:

Great to see that your return to NY has been constructive and fruitful, although I don't think anyone expected less.

If I can ever afford the flight, visiting you will be up there on my list of things to do. And if you ever find yourself in the UK, please know that my door is always open and that I cook some mean vegetarian dishes :)

A thousand blessings,

James

A shame you do not tend to sensual pleasures, as that is one pimping hat!! :lol:

Great to see that your return to NY has been constructive and fruitful, although I don't think anyone expected less.

If I can ever afford the flight, visiting you will be up there on my list of things to do. And if you ever find yourself in the UK, please know that my door is always open and that I cook some mean vegetarian dishes :)

A thousand blessings,

James

Thank you for the welcome James! and You like my hat!!! ahaha everyone at my school calls it the Mao hat, but its not that hat. :D

I think we will have a good time if ever meeting. I too cook good stuff...like...water. We'll keep it at that! :lol:

Thanks for the blessings! You are very welcome to my home if ever a visit from you steps on my door...step

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Very nice. Now after looking at your website, it brings to mind a question that I have, and have never gotten a decent answer for from anyone, regarding the "alternative" medicine practices. You say on your website that you can treat emotional issues. Does this also mean that you could treat Bi-Polar disorder? And if so, would this mean I would need to be coughing up $50 a month forever, or is it a "curable" sort of thing?

Just wanted to say a couple of things about bipolar disorder. At this site people rate different types of treatments for various ilnesess. The ratings for yoga, qigong, accupuncture and meditation against bipolar disorder are excellent:

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-trea...lar-ii-disorder

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-treatments/meditation

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-trea...olar-i-disorder

Mindfulness based cognitive therapy has also been shown effective against various mental disorders amonsgt them bipolar disorder and even schizophrenia.

There are also other stuff like herbs and vitamines that get good reviews. I have also read that these three things are proven to be effective for bipolar disorder: omega-3 (fish oil), inositol, and

folic acid. I am sure a good chineese herbalist would be able to find good combinations of herbs that help.

I also asume that those who have rated qigong, meditation and yoga have been doing fairly general aproaches not something particulary tailored for bipolar disorder. If one gets a program which aims against balancing bipolar disorder and is individualized it has to be a lot more effective. Energizing sequences for down days and grounding sequences for manic days etc. In general I would think mindfull meditation styles like Vipassana would be very good but that types such as inner smile or loving kindness would be highly valuable because they give a sense of inner worth and in general promotes happiness strongly. I also suppose healing sounds and five animals or something which in a similar way aims to cleanse and balance all the emotions would be superb. The pranayama Sudashan Kriya taught by Art of lving has been showed to be extreemly effective against depression and is now being tested for effectiveness in bipolar disorder. Sudashan Kriya is almost the same as Bastrika. Intuitively I feel that the microcomsic orbit caould be very effective but thats just a hunch.

I am pretty sure that a well thought out program of qigong or yoga combined with proper meditation, brething excercises and accupuncture herbs and diet would have a huge impact on bipolar disorder. If it is coupled with good therapy and possibly western psychiatric drugs I a sure the results over a couple of years could be huge but also noticeable in a week or two.

I am having a little renovation and cleaning day at my school, if anyone wants to stop by and lend a hand:

Halloween weekend cleaning and renovation...

On the weekend of Halloween, which would be Nov. 1st and 2nd, I have scheduled light cleaning and renovations.

Ceiling tile replacement, moping, dusting, maybe lining the outside with some boards we have, and wall scrubbing.

If any one is interested in helping out on Saturday morning and evening, please let me know. ^_^

Its all fun with a lot of hands. Chipping in for lunch and cleaning materials is like a family effort.

The location:

1871 (E) Hubbard Place off Flatbush Avenue.

Between Avenue K and L near Kingshighway.

drop me an email at : [email protected]

and or reply on this thread.

It would be nice to meet Taobum brothers and sisters!

Anywho..Thanks in advancia!

Peace and Blessings,

Lin