Bum Grasshopper

Ginseng. American or Asian?

Hi,

I'm thinking of trying out Ginseng Complex Capsules which contains American, Korean, Red Chinese and Siberian Ginseng.

I'm new to Ginseng and I was wondering if anyone can point me to the right type for me and how much to take? I've attached the label.

Thanks

Nobody can tell you what your body wants !

I had some very strong Korea Ginseng for which I could only take a very small portion of; if I took the recommended dosage, my Qi was shooting all over the place, almost chaotic... it was too strong for my sensitivity.

I had a friend who had some serious health issues but was incredibly well verse in 5 element theory and seeking some remedy. I sent him this. He took the recommended dosage (twice mine) and said the energy feeling was sensational; smooth and healing...

ergo, only your body knows.

Based on what I see on the attachment, it seems strong... for my body.

Edited by dawei

3. Seeping ginseng in alcohol is a long continued history of practice. I am not sure how western Jiu measures up against that used in china. I have never tested the western stuff against chinese strong stuff; the latter I know very well. Mix Gou Qi Zi with it as a common balance to the seeping brew.

My Chinese father-in-law has done this since his 50's, he's now 88 and in great health. He soaks ginseng and gou qi zi in red wine, and has a small glass each day.

I always thought Chinese red was the best, followed by Korean, then American. Siberian is not really ginseng at all. Now I find that American is prized in the orient for it's yin nature.

Chinese red has the best flavor in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Here are the ranks of ginseng.

1. Korean(the best)

2. Chinese

3. American