Sign in to follow this  
guangping

New Member Here

Hi,

I've registered as guangping, which is a county in China where the style of tai chi that I've practiced is named after. Or Kuang Ping style, as taught by Kuo Lien Ying in San Francisco, and one of his primary students Bing Gong. I have also studied with Jerry Alan Johnson, and a bit with Bruce Kumar Frantzis. Also studied yiquan and qigong, though we used to call them warm-up exercises...

I'm an old guy, 55, living in Colorado Springs, CO. Currently practice more meditation than tai chi. and fall asleep a lot during practice. Before I moved here, I gave all of the books I had collected over 20 years to the local acupuncture college in Santa Cruz, CA.

I think that just about everyone who has practiced tai chi has had the fantasy of becoming a Daoist.

Hi,

I've registered as guangping, which is a county in China where the style of tai chi that I've practiced is named after. Or Kuang Ping style, as taught by Kuo Lien Ying in San Francisco, and one of his primary students Bing Gong. I have also studied with Jerry Alan Johnson, and a bit with Bruce Kumar Frantzis. Also studied yiquan and qigong, though we used to call them warm-up exercises...

I'm an old guy, 55, living in Colorado Springs, CO. Currently practice more meditation than tai chi. and fall asleep a lot during practice. Before I moved here, I gave all of the books I had collected over 20 years to the local acupuncture college in Santa Cruz, CA.

I think that just about everyone who has practiced tai chi has had the fantasy of becoming a Daoist.

Hi, and thx for the very honest and simple description of your experience as a Daoist. Question if you don't mind: Why are you still practicing ? Are you trying to achieve anything? I mean if you are 55 and you practiced for so many years - what is your aim now if you don't mind sharing?

Thx,

V/R Orb

Good question.

There's not the excitement I had when I was just learning, but in reality I have learned so little. I like the energies created when I practice, paying attention inwardly instead of to all of the outward stimulation that we have in our world today.

I no longer look at it as a vast, mystical thing but a smaller, more pragmatic and simpler approach to life, which seems to suit me fine. Instead of going out at night I'm content to have a cup of tea, smoke a good cigar, and stand outside and watch the stars with my cat. I have diabetes and dead nerves in my feet but still try to practice every morning, or every other morning, or every third morning...I have a degenerating sacral disc from an accident 10 years ago, and have constant pain which makes sitting or sleeping difficult, but I still try to practice my meditation, which may skew the results and explain some of my weird theories.

All in all, it just helps me get through my life, constantly gives me insight, and has become an integral part of what I do each week.

Sign in to follow this