Sign in to follow this  
el_tortugo

squating and realling opening the stagnant energy

...... First, you should have an understanding of polariy. Squating is very important in polarity. The tai chi/chi kung today does little to help us with squating and realling opening the stagnant energy in the kua.

.......And remember, it is about returning to WU CHI. THE SUPREME UNKNOWN PRIMORDIAL DARK MATTER.

thats my 2 cents :lol:

5091[/snapback]

what are people here doing for squating and opening stagnant energy in the kua?

there is not alot out there on this topic... the closest i have seen is in pavels naked warrior and a little pocket tai chi book i cant find right now.

i suspect for the kua any hip opening stretching will help along with horse stance for an hour or two.

I looked in this book on polarity therapy, it says what you do is to use a book under the heels of your feet. Then, you can squat all the way down no problem.

Of course, doing it without warming up aint a good idea so do a little qigong/yoga streching first.

I like to go up and down, point hands up for balance when down, use tendon changing. Also, make it like a wave, like a snake in da spine. And of course, a major thing doing intensive stuff like this is COUNTERPOSES. If you strech one way a lot, strech the other way a lot too. Bridging is a good counter for squats, as is the cobra. Oh yeah, and be creative and move around in it, jiggle.

As time goes on and you get more loose, you can use a lesser thick book until you dont need one at all...one day.

Thanks Yodas mom, great tip about the wall. Its crazy how obvious that is, but monkey and I didnt think of it! Im about to go read a book (Healing from Within...) as I do that and think about kan and li, relaxing...gots to respect the heavenly mother.

Another good one is this:

With body erect sitting with knees on ground (body in a 90 degree angle at knees) lift up one knee, then the other so one calf, then the other is at 90 degrees to ground, put first knee back to the ground, then the other. Repeat sequence, starting on opposite side. Hands may extend out in front of you to balance. Repeat as much as you like, keep it slow at first with deep breathing. This opens the tan tien (hara) a lot and you will see a new level of openess. Everything in your body will start to flow a lot smoother with continued pratice, take it slow as this is a rigorous practice at first.

When finished, pratice some meditation, orbit or whatever comes to your empty mind and relax thus collecting chi in your center(s).

Sign in to follow this