Sign in to follow this  
johan

Kunlun and Reiki Undo

A few years back I tried a reiki technique called Reiki Undo, or Reiki energy exercice. I did not give it enough time to know its proper benefits. But when I did it I really enjoed it and was surprised what can happen if we let go. First time I tried Kunlun it really reminded me of that same exercice, and as Max has said Kunlun can be found in many different traditions. Now after doing Kunlun for some time I gave this old reiki technique a shot and not to surprising it felt same like Kunlun.

Here is the exercise so anyone who know reiki try it out and see what you think. Probably anyone else to, just evoke the Universal life force energy and give it a shot. It might be easier with a reiki initiation but just be open and it might work just as well without.

(There are different versions of this but this works for me)

Reiki Undo

Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight. Breath down to your belly and empty your mind.

Hold your hand in prayer position in front of your heart and invoke the Reiki energy (with or without symbols). Now tell yourself mentally Reiki Undo (Reiki exercice) start. Let go completely and allow yourself to let the energy move you in whatever way is necessary. Dont force anything to happen, just empty your mind and let go, surrender to the energy.....

See what happens... :blink:.... :P ..... :) .... :D

Sounds pretty similar to Kunlun, don't you think!

Enjoy!

Per

Reiki Undo

Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight. Breath down to your belly and empty your mind.

Hold your hand in prayer position in front of your heart and invoke the Reiki energy (with or without symbols). Now tell yourself mentally Reiki Undo (Reiki exercice) start. Let go completely and allow yourself to let the energy move you in whatever way is necessary. Dont force anything to happen, just empty your mind and let go, surrender to the energy.....

ooops I forgot to say, practice until the energy seems to wind down and end in stillness. Or stop whenever you want to, just tell the energy to stop, but take some time in silence before getting up, hands on belly if you feel like grounding a bit.

Per

It sounds pretty much just like kunlun....

...and to me feels just like Kunlun....

If my information is right then Usui added this practice to his system of healing. He got it from an old Qi Gong practice, maybe spontaneous movement qi gong. The practice is supposed to clear out and balance your system among other things.

If we take into consideration that Reiki is also a downward flowing energy we can see even more similarities. And I remember Chris calling Kunlun energy universal life force energy, that is the definition of reiki too. Reiki is also a system with transmission, although you can connect to it on you own.

In all of these practices (Kunlun, Reiki undo, spontaneous movement qigong...) there seem to be some essential principles:

Connecting to the (universal) energy, through intent and/or posture

Allowing the body do whatever it needs to do

And most important letting go and surender

Just some thoughts about all this....

Per

great insights Per!!!!! Nicely worded too.

Shaking Medicine has a chapter on what I think of as "Japanese Kunlun" but doesn't get into the details of the practice.

Connecting to the (universal) energy, through intent and/or posture

Allowing the body do whatever it needs to do

And most important letting go and surender

Another Kunlun-like system per Max is the Christian one: kneeling reduces the connection to earth energy, looking up at an image of JC increases one's connection to heaven energy and the prayer mudra does the same... Shaker city!!

Common point: downward flow of energy, essentially shamanism in a nutshell as Vajrasattva pointed out.

And to add to the things to do list for the budding shaman:

Trance induction through sound, plant ingestion and/or rhythmic motion

Through this trance you travel to other realms and meet interesting new friends who are glad to help out with healing energy and handy practice suggestions, etc.

-Y

Sign in to follow this