Does anyone have any experience with fasting? I have heard that it can reset your cravings.

I need to lose weight, and I am trying to change my diet. Someone told me I should listen to my body. I did, and it told me to give it chocolate and pizza. And here we are.

Someone told me that a fast of a few days will help reset/change what my body craves. This guy was as overweight as I am, so either the effect is temporary or he has never fasted.

If I did fast, I would not go for a few days. Maybe just a day to start.

Posted (edited)

Feel free to read my thread about fasting:

Regarding your specific question about cravings, it must be said that there is no easy way nor shortcut to overcome food cravings or addictions, but fasting can help to strengthen the will, that is for sure. Anyway, it is no magic, and you will need self-discipline and will. Good luck!

Edited by Kojiro

4 hours ago, Kojiro said:

Feel free to read my thread about fasting:

Regarding your specific question about cravings, it must be said that there is no easy way nor shortcut to overcome food cravings or addictions, but fasting can help to strengthen the will, that is for sure. Anyway, it is no magic, and you will need self-discipline and will. Good luck!

Thanks. I will look this over.

• Like 1