idiot_stimpy

The Secret Teachings of the Rainbow Body

Apologies for not adding anything further to the above post. Would like to discuss the above video and implications and the difference of transcending the subtle body vs transcending the casual body.

I have had some interesting insights lately in regards to both so this video appearing has been quite timely.

• Like 1

No, i think its good as it is,

will need to listen to it some more times, its all quite new to me but indeed, quite timely.

50 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

No, i think its good as it is,

will need to listen to it some more times, its all quite new to me but indeed, quite timely.

That YouTube channel is interesting, plan to watch a few more videos. Was driving to work and listened to the semen retention video that was interesting too.

Posted (edited)

Interesting, Dan P Brown states that the Rainbow Body phenomenon has a practice and was warned not to practice them by Menri Trizin, in that it will decrease your life span.

Part selected about rainbow body below.

Dan: ...I got interested in some of the advanced Dzogchen teachings in the Bön when I was with His Holiness Menri Trizin and one of the advanced teachings is how to transform yourself when you’re dying into rainbow light, like the resurrection for Jesus. This is a series of teachings on how you transform yourself during dying into rainbow light. So I was always curious about those teaching and Menri would tease me about finding them. He said here’s where they are. It was in Shardza’s collected works. And I got to look carefully to find them. And he said, “You haven’t found them yet?” I said, “No.” So he gave me a couple of hints. And I said, “I found them.” He said, “You’re very proud of yourself, you found them.” So he said “You can translate them, but don’t practice them, because you’ll take years off your life.” So I translated them and then he gave me the full explanation of them. And they’re profound, and they’ve never been shown before to the West. 

https://deconstructingyourself.com/awakening-and-the-path-of-liberation-full-transcript.html

Dan Brown also talks about the Rainbow Body in the interview below on Buddha At The Gas Pump.

https://batgap.com/daniel-brown/

Dan: Rainbow body means that as you’re dying, you enter into meditation while you’re dying, and you clean up the substantiality, the residual substantiality of the physical body. And there’s two versions of that. There’s a trekcho version of that, which in Dzogchen means thoroughly cutting through practice. In that sense, the body doesn’t completely disappear. It has a subtle particulate nature to it, but it appears to others as if the body disappears. And then there’s a bypassing practice, a togal practice. There’s two versions of that, which you clean up all the substantiality of the body right down to the body becoming light. So after two or three days of this practice, all that’s left is a light body. So the physical body disappears, sort of like the resurrection. The physical body disappears and it changes to rainbow light, and the rainbow light hovers in the space above where the physical body was. All that’s left is the hair and nails, the inanimate parts of the body. But the physical body is completely transformed into rainbow light, and then it disappears after a number of days or weeks. It disappears into the atmosphere. So the highest achievement is to use your dying process to resolve the residual substantiality of the physical body. That’s called rainbow body.

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

"Trekcho is to simply acknowledge that one's innate essence is empty.

Togal is to recognize that the natural display is spontaneously present. They are not our creation; they are not produced by practice.

There is no imagining of anything in either trekcho or togal.

"Without cutting through with treckcho, you can't directly cross with togal."

Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
(Vajra Speech, pg 174)

Dudjom Lingpa

“Now as for the stages of the main practice, at first you determine the ground by way of the Breakthrough, then the initial moment of impure consciousness emerges in the aspect of an object, a subsequent conceptualization fastens onto it, and delusion sets in. Now, in contrast, in the Leap-over, the initial moment of consciousness is transformed into an appearance of clear light, and by experiencing the very nature of consciousness, all impure appearances dissolve into the absolute nature and vanish. Knowing how that occurs is the indispensable, sublime point of the Leap-over, so recognize it!”

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 1