Iri

Pangu Advanced Form

Hi friends,

It’s stated the Advanced form of Pangu Qigong requires half year practice of the other two forms, so I was really anticipating to learn it. However, when time came, they said that private lessons are not offered, and I should wait for the group lesson, which is scheduled for the end of June. So they basically said I should wait for almost half a year! I wonder if they really changed their policy of private lessons, or they just feel they shouldn’t teach me right now for some reason?

Sorry if it seems strange to ask this in a forum rather than them directly BUT I feel they are quite unwilling to comment this or explain it to me. So that it was even uneasy to get their straight ‘no’.

The whole thing seems strange because private lessons of the Advanced form are still mentioned on their website - which I mentioned when asking for a lesson but they still didn’t comment why the info is there but no private lessons are given. It’s also weird that if they really stopped teaching the Advanced form privately, it means you now have a once-a-year opportunity to learn it in a group, which makes this practice quite difficult to learn. It doesn’t seem to correspond to their mission as a public qigong school?

I’m relatively new to the qigong world, practicing less than a year, so there’s a lot of weird things in that situation which puzzle me. I’d really appreciate your thoughts or experience that might clarify it. Thanks in advance!

When doing a lineage art, you follow the rules.  Might be a teacher sick, busy or some other mundane reason, which could change.  

I've enjoyed the regular version of Pangu for its simplicity and feeling.  Vortexes here, vortexes there, vortexes everywhere.  

I learned it from Michael Winn of Healing Tao before I knew anything about its history, thus not considered 100% accurate by the founder's lineage.  Never knew there was an advanced version of it.  

Why not just wait? 

There is no rush getting to where you already are. 

The impatience is part of the self that wants results right now but that actually has to go to see what is already the case. 

• Like 1