silent thunder

Process Appreciation

Unintended dragon theme... but the manner in which the details are revealed by her process...

staggering... mesmerizing.

• Like 1

I've built thousands of doors in my career in Hollywood.  Many of them strange by common standards.

Never had a chance to make one of these in human size

• Like 1

Done a fair amount of wood steaming/bending, but this idea is going to make a grand surprise for my gal someday on either her birthday/mothersday which frequently coincide or for our anniversary.

Props to the design initiator!  Crescent Moon floating chair... wow~!

Posted (edited)

I could almost smell the freshly sawed wood and the glue. What a wonderful design!

My dad used to make things from wood, mostly boats and bookcases. Happy memories of me being around in his workplace as a small kid. I guess I was about 3 or 4 years old when he gave me a large drill and some old pieces showing me how i could make holes in the wood. 

The thing was so big for me that the toppiece was higher then my shoulders. :D

I still have it, on the attic which I cannot go to anymore due to being so frail and exhausted.

Decoderen Tactiel gevoel In de genade van antieke handboor Boren server rem

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 3

I still mourn the loss of all my Grandpa's hand tools from the 30's n 40's.

When he passed, she sold his entire collection of tools and hand tied fishing flies n lures.

I wept openly.  Been working in wood and metal craft for the last 25 years now.  I would use them daily.

As for the smells...  walnut and red cedar make me giddy and when I come in the door most days my son generally gives me a hug and comments on yhe wood scents.

Good vibes...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

thats sad, sorry

My dad was not a pro, he had an officejob with the union and worked wood in his freetime. My best memory is sitting on his lap while he was reading a kids book to me. Smelling that nice smell of fresh wood and glue.

• Like 1

I no longer recall where I heard this, but it still resonates.

For a full, vibrant life one should develop at least three hobbies:

one you can earn money with

one that will keep you healthy

and one(or twenty) for the pure the joy of it

• Like 1