Immortality

Would the Chinese/Wokism Take Offence to my Writing?

Hello everyone,

First of all, due to my history with a medical condition known as electro-hypersensitivty I have in the past delegated my online activities to some helpful people, but I have now overcome this condition well enough to personally use this account.

I have little literary/scholarly awareness of Taoism, or of anything for that matter (hardships in youth). I do have a humble inborn spiritual giftedness; i.e. my humble little self experienced my birth consciously. I was present in a higher-dimensional body, two others were with me. We discussed my upcoming lifetime. My life, since childhood, has been filled with mystical experiences. Instances of mediumship, remembering how to meditate due to past-life cultivation, etc.
I strongly integrated my past-life cultivations, also those of the Taoist. As I wandered for many years as a solitary meditating poet through Asia, I started writing poetic stories in which I express the "wisdom" present in my humble little soul. I wrote about my past-life impressions of ancient China, and felt such a strong emotional need to describe the pain I had observed in the womenfolk, as a Taoist who understood the worth and potential of the feminine.

Due to my solitary lifestyle of quietude, I was unaware of the socio-cultural battles taking place in contemporary society, namely the issue of Wokism. I already noticed, as I wholeheartedly agree with, this forum is supportive of the myriad identities a human being may assume. I agree with the intentions of Wokism, but not necessarily with the reported methods and manifestations, such as involving children in gender ideologies, child-sex changes, biological males undressing in front of underage girls, misandrist forms of neo feminism practising sexism against men, etc.

I had not intended my writing to be feminist, but it quite frankly did emphasise a woman's emancipation. The protagonist Li Chen remembers her former lifetime as a female Taoist warrior and uses this to fight herself free of her traditionally subjugated position as a female. She then wanders off into the mountains to, once again, cultivate the Tao.

My book describes the societal stagnations a Taoist mystic experiences, very much based on my past-life impressions but also describes my present-life experiences. As a Taoist models himself after his deeper mystical contact with the inner workings of reality, he may occasionally contrast himself with the expectations of society and culture. In my manuscript, the protagonist for instance points out the shortcomings of age-based hierarchy, as age does not guarantee a transcendental communion with the inner workings of reality, so that one can not be deemed wise or fit for rulership by the merit of age alone. The text also illustrates how religious rituals and priestly hierarchy can intercede with the mystic's need to follow his realtime communion with the harmonising dynamics of nature — of reality.

Now, age-based hierarchy is a thing deeply rooted in Chinese culture, and as even the movie Mulan is deemed racist by the contemporary world, I wondered if my writing would be deemed such as well.

On the one hand, I see that my writing can be interpreted as Woke because it portrays a woman's emancipation. This will provoke resistance from the anti-woke camp.

On the other hand, I can also see how my book would invite resistance from the people of Wokism because my book talks about the importance of a mystical transcendence of culture and tradition for the sake of unifying oneself with something universal — the laws of nature or the inner workings of reality. The book states society and culture are but a socially sophisticated estrangement from reality, for humanity does not have a realtime, transcendental attunement with reality. To arise into this reality, is therefore to attain contrast with the contemporary and historical state of the world.

Either way, I have written this book from out a state of mystical attunement with the Tao, feeling a deep and meaningful harmony, and I was simply hoping I could contribute something good to the world. I feel no resentment towards Wokism nor the anti-Woke crowd at all, and I had neither in mind when I wrote the book, and was even unaware of them. I have no problem with anyone's beliefs, way of life, identity, etc. The book via poetic storytelling, however, does want to discuss the societal stagnations that occur when a mystic unifies himself with reality in favour of societal expectations and traditional customs and beliefs.

The reason I inquire into this, is that I have received severe discrimination for my mystical giftedness throughout my life, with instances where my physical safety was at risk. Not just from mainstream people, but also Buddhist and Taoist layfollowers and clergy. Existing in Stillness, adapting the mind, body, and speech in accordance with one's realtime attunement with natural law, was apparently a threat to the established priesthood. It is quite a story to tell, but I am now deeply exhausted. Having had to live with so much hatred around me, and having had a life-threatening and very painful illness for many, many years, has made me tired. I have no desire to provoke a fight with either pro- or anti-Wokism. I encourage people' to form their own unique identity; after all, I have Taoist soul. I don't interfere with other people's lives (wu wei). But I can well imagine, due to the present state of the world, I am opening pandora's box.

What are your reflections on my predicament?

Yours kindly,

Immortality

Edited by Immortality
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nungali said:

image.png.c22ad3eba7ed7b8bb164f7d87bcf613f.png

" I am happy with my wokism and take no offence . "

Thank you; this will contribute a bit to my understanding of the present cultural climate.

In my humble experience, wishing to model oneself after one's mystical contact with reality can, alas, be very confronting to your direct surroundings, but that doesn't mean you are about intentionally stepping on people's toes, or that you are insensitive and unempathic.

People with a spiritual quality, whether inborn or acquired through practice, too may feel a need to come out. They have to sit down with their families and friends, and tell them there is something different about them, and receive the same societal rejection and backlash someone of an alternative romantic orientation or gender identity will have to go through. It is a tough position to have in life and I can only feel understanding and respect untoward those with whom I share that place in the world. For me, a humble inborn spiritual quality; for others, a different romantic orientation or gender identity.

Kindly,

Immortality

P.S. I just got the pun; a picture of a man holding a wok and hence Wok-ism ;-).
Sorry for being slow.

Edited by Immortality