Apotheose

Wise TDB members

14 hours ago, old3bob said:

but i still can't eat it because of its artificial color, besides I don't want to turn orange-ish and mistakenly look like a co-conspirator with the orange man...

You see !  THIS is why westerners are so far from enlightenment .

Always with the questions and rebellious  opinions !

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maddie said:

Naturally it's because I'm The grandmaster turtle 🐢😌

GRAND master ?  That means you are the master of the masters  ... including Master Solo   :)

The last time I heard a Grandmaster proclaim wisdom was  ...

and apparent he is 'in the moment '  as well .

he is 'pretty wise' as well .

So am I  ....

74e7152ba5001855ea9d58dcaf53a37d.jpg

• Haha 1

... and just in case anyone is unfamilar with this type of wisdom  ; 

Spoiler

from 1 : 44

For the definitive answer, I asked the oracle at Delphi who is the wisest one on Dao Bums.  This is the answer I got:

In the quiet serenity of a secluded bamboo grove, Socrates sat in contemplation, the gentle rustle of leaves the only sound breaking the stillness. As he meditated on the timeless wisdom of the Tao, he found himself pondering the enigmatic verses of the Daodejing.

In verse after verse, Socrates perceived the boundless depth of the Tao, the eternal source from which all things arise and return. He marvelled at its ineffable nature, elusive yet ever-present, like the elusive mist that dances upon the mountaintops at dawn. With each passage, he glimpsed the interconnectedness of the universe, the seamless flow of yin and yang guiding all existence.

Yet, as he delved deeper into the mysteries of the Tao, Socrates felt a profound sense of humility wash over him. He realized that the more he sought to understand, the more elusive the Tao became, slipping through his grasp like water through cupped hands. In the face of such boundless wisdom, Socrates saw the limitations of his own knowledge, like a flickering candle in the vast expanse of the night sky.

In moments of quiet reflection, Socrates contemplated the paradox of wisdom. He saw that true wisdom lay not in the accumulation of knowledge, but in the recognition of one's own ignorance. Like a river flowing effortlessly towards the sea, wisdom emerged from the humble acknowledgment of the vastness of the unknown.

And so, inspired by the teachings of the Daodejing, Socrates embraced the path of self-inquiry and questioning. He journeyed through the bustling streets and tranquil countryside, engaging in dialogues with sages and scholars alike. With each encounter, he sought not to impart knowledge, but to kindle the flame of inquiry within the hearts of others, guiding them towards their own path of self-discovery.

In the end, Socrates found solace in the realization that true wisdom resided not in the possession of answers, but in opening to ever deeper mystery. Like a lone sage wandering beneath the vast expanse of the sky, he embraced the uncertainty of the journey, knowing that in the pursuit of wisdom, the destination mattered less than the path itself.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Geof Nanto said:

oracle at Delphi

«Know thyself»

for those that are interrested, Socrates defense with modern language. It hooked me, at least:

• Like 1