NaturaNaturans

How to find the best carrier/education for your needs?

Good evening godt folk,

So, i have recently finished my economics degree. It could lead to decently well paid jobs, but, the problem is: i am not sure if its right for me. I love the theoretical stuff, but when it is all + and - and accounting i desbise it deeply. My options now are: finding a job, taking a few other courses in humaniora and use that to find another or related line of work.
But this is not just about me. Id like to hear your experience, advice, what cources you have felt particularly rewarding (be it money/life view/spiritual... you get my point ; )

• Like 1

first, congrats on finishing your degree

Ā 

i cannot be of much help but this scheme might make a bit of order in your thoughts about how to progress from here.

Looking back on my life i think I mostly jumped on the trains that were passing, when not fast enough I paid for it with scratches from falling.

Ā 

So my advice would be: look out for a train that passes and invites you to jump on.

Ā 

Ā 

Ikigai: The Perfect Career Diagnostic | by Hamza Khan | Ideas Into Action |  Medium

• Like 2

The transition from education and theory to vocation and earning a living is always potentially difficult. Adapting our theoretical knowledgeĀ to real life skills and sustainable employment is filled with surprises, unexpected and expected challenges, insecurity, and uncertainty; as well as triumphs, excitement, and limitless opportunity. I love blue eyed snake's post. I would imagine anĀ economics education should give one the opportunity for a wide variety of employment possibilities that aren't limited to accounting and number crunching. It's certainly possible that one must "pay their dues" in the beginning, I don't know much about the field.

Ā 

FWIW I'll add that over time, one of the things I find most supportive and gratifying is that my work gives me the opportunity to help people. Whether or not you resonate with the Buddhist idea of "right livelihood," the things that seem important early on in one's career change over time. Eventually the work itself can become boring and repetitive as we do the same things ad nauseum. On the other hand, getting the satisfaction of feeling that we are helping others, either directly or indirectly, can carry us through some tough times and ultimately be more rewarding than anything else associated with our work, even the compensation.Ā 

Ā 

Good luck to you!

Ā 

PS - I'm relocating the post to the Rabbit Hole which seems a better fit for the topic

• Like 3