Sign in to follow this  
tommyprotramp

New member say hi 😁 Also a few words about Dantians and Tripple Burner.

There was a discussion in the past about relationship between Dantians and Tripple Burner.

I'm practicing Qigong and Tui Na, and I have some answers.

In Medical Qigong there is cranial (upper dantian), thoracic (middle dantian) and sacral (lower dantian) rhythm. 

Those rhythms are exactly like those in craniosacral osteopathy, you can listen for them with your hand, and you can work

with them indirectly by different soft tissue work, or directly with your intention and Qi, Qi follow intention.

If you can feel for your own Qi in your body and you have a ability to induce with your mind the flow of Qi from one part of the body to another part of your body, than you will be also to notice those dantian rhythms while laying on the floor or grass or sitting... 

Btw, if you can do those things with your Qi you became a master of Qigong, and this kind of work is called Microcosmic Circulation.

Macrocosmic circulation is about sending Qi to the body of your partner/patient/client for healing purposes, or for martial purposes, like in Taijiquan or Yongchunquan. You can use your Qi for it, but it will deplete you fast, and you will be weak or even sick. So it is better to use Earth or Heaven Qi for this. You bring in the Earth/Heaven Qi into your lower dantian, some masters use their middle dantian, and from there you direct the Qi into your hand or eyes and from there you visualise light beam entering the body of other person. With animals and flowers it is the same.

Now, when it comes to Tripple Burner, they are groups of internal organs.

Upper Burner - Heart, Lung.

Middle Burner - Spleen, Stomach, Small Intestine.

Lower Burner - Large Intestine, Kidney, Urinary Bladder, Liver and Gallbladder. 

When it come to Tripple Burner meridian... it's existence is controversial, at least this will you get from Chinese medical texts...

Dantians and Tripple Burners are totally different things and concepts.

Upper Dantian is in the area of cranium. All of the Burners are situated on the torso.

Dantians are energy fields, Burners are groupings of internal organs.

Those fields are cyclically expanding and shrinking, and those movements make up their rhythm.

Expanding phase can be called flexion phase, and shrinking phase can be called extension phase, like it is called in craniosacral osteopathy.

I hope I helped someone,

may Qi will be with you! 👋🏼

PS.

I highly recommend medical qigong textbooks by Jerry Alan Johnson.

Sign in to follow this