Sign in to follow this  
Dedicated

Meditation

I read a great book on Buddhism. It was a series of talks, transcribed and edited liberally.

One chapter was Black Pearl Meditation. I gained the sense it is a teaching passed on to their student maybe twenty years of meditation practise. 'Reflections on a Mountain Lake' is the name of edited transcriptions. I was practising it today and noticed a great physical reaction as I visualised the in and the out and the cracking. I sat up straight spontaneously and realised I was physically responding to the process. I have lent my copy to my Auntie. And since her returning it, I have given it to a neighbour for keeps. It's great. It teaches that us newagers had it a little wrong. I incorporate it occasionally.

Edited by Dedicated
Lots of typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 3:13 PM, Dedicated said:

I read a great book on Buddhism. It was a series of talks, transcribed and edited liberally.

One chapter was Black Pearl Meditation. I gained the sense a teacher passes on to their student maybe twenty years of meditation practise. 'Reflections on a Mountain Lake' is the name of edited transcriptions. I was practising it today and noticed a great physical reaction as I visualised the in and the out and the cracking. I sat up straight spontaneously and realised I was physically responding to the process. I have leant my copy to my Auntie. And since her returning it, I have given it to a neighbour for keeps. It's great. It teaches that is newagers had it a little wrong. I incorporate it occasionally.

Do you have a title on the book?

• Thanks 1

On 05/10/2023 at 6:36 AM, Mark Foote said:

Do you have a title on the book?

'Reflections On A Mountain Lake' Tenzin Palmo

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, Dedicated said:

'Reflections On A Mountain Lake' Tenzin Palmo

I did find it, not sure why I didn't come up with it from your description earlier--anyway, thanks.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this