SigmaTropic

SigmaTropic Practice Log

I'm new to the forum and I want to have a place to write notes about my meditation and Zhan Zhuang practice.  I am creating this thread in hopes that it may be useful, entertaining, or otherwise valuable to the community. 

I have practiced meditation for 7 years. I have maintained practice logs at awake network and dharma overground. I reached some sort of insight milestone recently, and the way I experience the world is much better now. 

Spontaneous Movement 

This is a warm-up practice that I have been experimenting with. I learned it from a friend. It's basically exactly what it sounds like- you play some music and spontaneously dance/groove to the rhythm of the music. It is a great way of energizing chi in the body and moving it around. Usually, I get pleasurable tingles of rapture all over my body when I do this practice. 

Zhan Zhuang 

This is a form of standing meditation that emphasizes bodily awareness and it releases tension in the body. I will expand more on this. 

Meditation

Insight and concentration. I do jhana practice, open awareness, non-meditation, mahamudra, and deity yoga practice. 

Just now, Ursus mellifera said:

You can get your own personal practice log here if you ask for it (and if you want one). A ton of bums have them already.

I asked for one already and i didnt get a response. I can just declare this my practice log. Unless there is something special about calling it my own personal log.

Today the meditation has been good. If I don't direct the mind in any way, I usually have a short jhana-like progression of states play out and then I sit in a pretty open tranquil space that gets more and more blissful and centered the longer I sit. It's almost like I cycle up the vipassana jhanas at a deeper and deeper level each time, with fruitions, and if I sit for long periods my body often dispapears from awareness and I have distinct symptoms of physical pliancy (weightlessness, pleasure, comfort). 

There is very little directing going on when I sit usually, unless I'm doing visualization or other types of devotional practice. In general when I sit there is distinct clarity and depth and my concentration is quite good. I often experience the bliss of mental and physical pliancy as described in the Tibetan 9 stage elephant path. 

I have been working with 2 kyanite pieces and they are supposed to help clear the aura of a person. I notice distinct energetic registers when I meditate with a piece in each palm vs. without the stones. 

I have a variety of different stones that I sometimes carry for energetic purposes depending on intuition mostly. I can't explain why some days I carry a black rock and other days I carry a clear crystal. But it is definitely magickal. I have other intentions and have had other experiences with Magick and directing reality so I will feel it out as I go I guess. 

So I finally found my purple stone after I had lost it. I used the purple crystal and I settled into the breath and got centered. Then I thought about a partner and started sending her bursts or packets of bliss. I wonder if it worked. 

I had a couple of cessation earlier, sat twice. These cessations happen often for me. 

I did a bit of a spell with the kyanite pieces and the purple crystal and I directed strong intent toward getting an interview. I interviewed for a job at a restaurant, and I will know tomorrow. 

Basically I went into the first and second jhana and from within those states I repeated a strong intention to attract women and men for the benefit of all. I have been magnetized myself deliberately ever since I noticed magnetism phenomena. I have a partner who I've been sending energy to and she is very high at the moment.

Edited by SigmaTropic

In the recent magical discussions I've been a part of, the importance of the moment of orgasm for the firing of a sigil is important because it has the mind centered and blissful - which makes intention powerful. If you can access such states with meditation (I can) there isn't a need to jerk off. 

Basically I think of these jhanic states being actually much more powerful than the mind during an orgasm (in terms of magical potential). So meditation on a specific intention for some period of time is necessary. 

The spell worked. I got the job. I carried a purple stone and a black one. I'm gonna keep intending for magnetism in all my interactions. I had a nice time with a partner last night. 

Hi Stratus,

I like what you've written.  PPD's were made for blogs such as this.  It gives you greater control and leaves the Main Sections focused more on Topics instead of diary type writings.  It puts your blog with other members who use forum to write about personal stuff. 

I lost a kyanute piece so this morning I meditated with an obsidian and a purple one. This combination gives me groundedness with a magical vibe. 

I have been developing a protocol for using a pendulum I got recently in combination with prostrations to make magickal intentions. It feels natural to do a series of prostration and think of an intention while I have the pendulum swinging from side to side. 

I'm still waiting for a PPD thread but the concentration I have is picking up. I'm usually sitting in an open tranquil place with not much happening lately.