TaoNow

First Post and Chi Kung Dreams

Hi,

I am happy to join this forum and discuss some of my favorite things: ancient wisdom, alchemy, taoism and chi kung. 

Qi Gonger's are some of the most interesting people who I enjoy conversing with. Recently I have been doing Flying Pheonix and really enjoying it after 6 years of doing other systems, I am hooked with this one and am going to see it all the way through.

I had a dream last night where I was 'gifted' a move that is sort of like a pushup and a cross between a frog stretch that I remember very specifically. After doing a few times this morning I thought to share it here. I have been reading Sifu Terry's posts and learning about the inner thigh muscles really helped things click. This move I dreamt of targets and connects to the shoulders and neck. 

I also had an insightful dream of doing a movement to focused on my neck and shoulders a few months ago. Later I was watching a Tao Tan Pai demo and delightfully discovered this move was similar to Circling Palms. 

Anyway, thanks for having me. Look forward to conversing, sharing practice insights and learning from others. 

Cheers. 

edit for grammar 

Edited by TaoNow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Greetings!

I also appreciate general discussion with as you say “qigongers”—of varied topics as well, perhaps the common theme of qi gives us a common language or perception of the world that enables greater and more effective communication. 

That’s cool you are being taught in your dreams. I have had a few very high-value lessons there myself, some of the most profound qigong and taoist lessons in fact. I hope to explore this further. I’ve been trained (in dream) even in the specific system I practice, which was most welcome. 

The Flying Phoenix is a cool qigong, never experienced anything quite like it. 

I was also deeply inspired by the Flying Phoenix thread, and Mr. Dunn’s  discussion of the inner thigh was quite illuminating. 

P.s. I commented here especially hoping to connect with newer members of this forum, some of the discussion areas haven’t had posts in years or even a decade—so here’s to a new wave of discussion! 

Blessings and Luck, 

Dan

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TaoNow said:

Hi,

I am happy to join this forum and discuss some of my favorite things: ancient wisdom, alchemy, taoism and chi kung. 

Qi Gonger's are some of the most interesting people who I enjoy conversing with. Recently I have been doing Flying Pheonix and really enjoying it after 6 years of doing other systems, I am hooked with this one and am going to see it all the way through.

I had a dream last night where I was 'gifted' a move that is sort of like a pushup and a cross between a frog stretch that I remember very specifically. After doing a few times this morning I thought to share it here. I have been reading Sifu Terry's posts and learning about the inner thigh muscles really helped things click. This move I dreamt of targets and connects to the shoulders and neck. 

I also had an insightful dream of doing a movement to focused on my neck and shoulders a few months ago. Later I was watching a Tao Tan Pai demo and delightfully discovered this move was similar to Circling Palms. 

Anyway, thanks for having me. Look forward to conversing, sharing practice insights and learning from others. 

Cheers. 

edit for grammar 

Welcome! Glad to see you are enjoying Flying Phoenix!

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 2:32 PM, cloud_hidden said:

Greetings!

I also appreciate general discussion with as you say “qigongers”—of varied topics as well, perhaps the common theme of qi gives us a common language or perception of the world that enables greater and more effective communication. 

That’s cool you are being taught in your dreams. I have had a few very high-value lessons there myself, some of the most profound qigong and taoist lessons in fact. I hope to explore this further. I’ve been trained (in dream) even in the specific system I practice, which was most welcome. 

The Flying Phoenix is a cool qigong, never experienced anything quite like it. 

I was also deeply inspired by the Flying Phoenix thread, and Mr. Dunn’s  discussion of the inner thigh was quite illuminating. 

P.s. I commented here especially hoping to connect with newer members of this forum, some of the discussion areas haven’t had posts in years or even a decade—so here’s to a new wave of discussion! 

Blessings and Luck, 

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the greeting!

I think you are right about us Qi people sharing a common perception - it's one that stands on the foundation that everything is energy - enabling us to communicate to each other about abstract things but always understanding the principles governing everything.  

Dreams remind me of the training scenes in The Matrix, where we construct an entire set for our consciousness to play, learn, experience and work things out or discharge. Really amazing that you downloaded some profound lessons and trained. I reckon we are probably tapping into the spirit of the systems we are training in and in the spirit of Tao as well and are gifted for it. Feel free to elaborate more if you'd like, I'd be interested to hear more. 

FPCK is a proper qi gong! Very grateful for Sifu Terry and GM Doo sharing this system. The thread is awesome. I am only 22 pages in so I have a long ways to go! The content has already has been top notch. I knew it was gold when Israel Regardie was mentioned. 

Cool the inner thigh tip stuck out and helped you too. It must be a pretty common correction although I haven't heard it anywhere else. It clicked some things in to place for me. 

Glad to connect and take part in sprouting some new life in thedaobums. 

Godspeed,

Austin

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Welcome! Glad to see you are enjoying Flying Phoenix!

Thanks Pak.

Yes its great! 

• Like 1

@TaoNow

One dream I am glad to share (and also “brief”):

I find myself in a wooden structure,  some monks or priests gathered to train…

The master, whose spiritual presence was striking, releases a single resounding palm strike to the large wooden support beam near him. The energy released by the strike expanded into the wooden structure and seemed to permeate up and through my being. 

That’s pretty much all I remember. I enjoyed the experience and the “sound” of the wood and the strike simply had a mysterious energy which seemed to transcend the dream-state and permeated my waking awareness. Like a transmission of information beyond the comprehension of the conscious mind. Something subtle, but I am changed from this dream. 

My favorite dream thus far involved learning stepping variations for a specific form within my system, they stepping methods were quite practical when I applied them in training the next day, it was actually quite helpful. When I mentioned them to my Sifu he then shared a few experiences like mine which resulted from his training.

Are you aware of the theory of Morphic Fields as postulated by Rupert Sheldrake?