Sign in to follow this  
Fire Dragon

Dream of group practising of big draw

Hello all

I had a dream describing how you could intesify the big draw practise if doing it in a group of quite many people.

If you have people at the same level of practise in a row. Then in front of them another row of people that had reached a higher level in the practise. Then having alot of rows with people at different levels. When doing the big draw toghether the energy from the head should project into the sacrum of some of the people infront of you, shaping a bigger field of energy, and strengthening ewerybody in the group.

Could this possible work?

Regards

Fire Dragon

Yes it could work.

I think however that the dream is about how the big draw can strengthen you, in your multitudinous self.

Try practicing back to back.

W/ one person practicing and one person "sitting quietly" and observing. One person cycling, the other sitting still. Breathing in unison or opposite.

Could ignite some interesting dialog. I think Gary Clyman 'teaches' the mco back to back. Not necessary though imho.

When leading group chi gung practice at the coast in the last couple years, sometimes we would close practice w/ Lotus Hands by turning around and facing the outside edge of the circle while sitting back to back. Other times we would spread out and find quiet places to close alone. When back to back I noticed the group had a tendancy to finish closer to unison, my theory being theat instead of breaking entrainment by having everyone 'find their own space' that we actually tuned in even more as each spine was aligned and tuned w/ the practice, then brought within close proximity to each other, kind of like an amplifier. <shrug> food for thought.

I have not done this yet but it was suggested by my teacher, have not had enough people to do it... try splitting a practice group into two circles and join like a figure 8, each leader/sifu/guide being back to back in the middle guiding practice, this way also the two guides can stay in sequence and communicate easily. I've been looking forward to doing this one for a while.

Bookmark for later reply. Thanks for the dialog. Interesting observations stemming from your practice.

Hello

Good, Look forward to. :)

FD

Hey there. Gave it some thought. Maybe it's like when you slosh from one end of the bathtub to the other, it is a matter of pushing in one direction, and relaxing on the backflow, that way your only working half the time, but each time you work "with" the wave you increase it, and then when you relax on the backflow, you feel it even more because the mind is not focused on the work, just on being receptive, yet each time you push and relax you feel MORE on the backflow. Also this brings about what happens if you push when you should relax, in the tub, this decreases the wave amplitude. Research will reveal associated harmonic or physical analogies (maybe like the undercurrents of water on a seashore, surface level they push inland, the undertow pulls out, simultaneously, depending on the conditions of the bottom and sea surface)

Group practice this would be amplified, creating a circuit not only between you and earth/sky but between you/group/earth/sky. Imagine the group amplifying the horizontal dynamics of the space/practice.

Opinions subject to change. Hope this stirs the pot for you.

Hello

I like the description of the bathtub. The feeling was quite similar to this.

Still it is unclear to me though why the energy was felt in the opposit direction.

Ahhh, now I see, your description is a model to understund this. The forces you want to do in one direction is like the hand in the bathtub. Thought I got it but missed it again. It only a matter of direction that I not see clerarly.

But no big deal actually.

F D

Sign in to follow this