Shadao

Rebuilding the Body in works of fiction

I don't know if anyone here knows of or even reads wuxia/xianxia novels/manhuas, but these stories usually tend to have "energy cultivation" as one of it's precepts and(usually more with xianxia but it can appear in some wuxia stories) through that one can literally rebuild their physical body in order for it to either become "above human" or "in harmony with the supernatural energies".Although the way they make it vary, some destroy their physical body and rebuild it exclusively with "solid energy" or "energies of nature", while others seem to "evolve from inside out" kind of like using alchemy to change lead to gold.

Considering this tends to appear quite regularly, I wonder if it is inspired by something either out of Daoism or Qi cultivation.Yes, I am not expecting someone here to tell "Oh yeah, you can definitely rebuild your body like that".

I want to know if there is a basis from where this was taken(probably out of context?) and used in such stories.

Is there something about "rebuilding the body" in either Daoist or Qi cultivation works?

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 5:55 PM, Shadao said:

Is there something about "rebuilding the body" in either Daoist or Qi cultivation works?

Yes? Read all posts on the forum by freeform and you'll have hours worth of reading ahead of you. Read anything related to the topic of the YJJ or Tendon-Changin Classic. This talk by Damo also goes through the YJJ and explains how it works to "rebuild the body": 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1