Toni

An advice from my first qi gong teacher

After a long time today I have talked with my first qi gong teacher. He influenced me a lot, as he was the person who made me love qi gong. I haven't seen him in the last 3 years because he doesn't live in Spain anymore. Today we were talking and he gave me an advice (he is the kind of person who always advises others):

"remember that the most important thing is not to let what happens outside you dominate what happens inside you. I hope I have helped you. And don't worry too much about anything, remember that what is important is your path".

Not too bad! He was also a very hard working person. He was specially good at ZZ, he loved to stand for hours every day. He trained a lot, and although he never went to the university he was clever (except when he talked about science lol).

Edited by Toni
  • Like 9

I agree that is most excellent advice!

Something I would add is to not let what happens inside dominate you either. If we pay attention, we sometimes see that the inner landscape can be every bit as turbulent, uncontrollable, and disturbing as the outer.

My primary practice is called Inner Refuge. Once discovered we work to stabilize and integrate it in our daily lives. It is a place of inner peace, strength, and resourcefulness where nothing from the outer, or inner, worlds can disturb us.

Sounds like you have a good teacher.

Would you share what type of qigong you practice?

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, steve said:

I agree that is most excellent advice!

Something I would add is to not let what happens inside dominate you either. If we pay attention, we sometimes see that the inner landscape can be every bit as turbulent, uncontrollable, and disturbing as the outer.

My primary practice is called Inner Refuge. Once discovered we work to stabilize and integrate it in our daily lives. It is a place of inner peace, strength, and resourcefulness where nothing from the outer, or inner, worlds can disturb us.

Sounds like you have a good teacher.

Would you share what type of qigong you practice?

I practice fragrant qi gong, as taught by John Dolic. The main practice of my first teacher is called wudang qi gong, and was brought to Europe by the french practitioner Yves Requena, who went to China to learn it. Many people in southern Europe practice this style since then. But I think fragrant qi gong is much better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1