MPENA

New member here wanting to start the Tao path

Hi guys. This is my 1st post. I have always wanted to go along the Taoist path. I am confused where to start. I am drawn to Internal exercises, Sexual practices (semen retention), diet and Health. I read a couple of books by Mantak Chia, Stephen Chang and Daniel Reid. I tried dabbling the Hindu yogic way but somehow I always get drawn to Taoism. Is there some kind of formal transmission from a guru to he able to learn the practice or can I self learn from books and videos? 

Hi MPENA,

While (as a female) I typically avoid the topic of semen retention, I have seen more than enough posts from men who have developed issues while following what they understood of Mantak Chia to feel comfortable strongly suggesting that self learning (this) through books or videos tends to be a precarious endeavor I would personally advise against. 

There is a wealth of information here on your other areas of interest, and I would suggest focusing more on those.

Your account is approved. Happy exploring, and welcome to the bums.

You will find three topics pinned at the top of this sub forum regarding rules and expectations, please make sure you’ve read them (if you haven’t already done so).

warm regards,

ilu