Sign in to follow this  
james

Greetings from down under taobums

Hi there everyone, my name is james and i live in australia, ive been lurking around for a while checking out different threads ect, this is a great resource, much thanks to everyone. I originally found this website after googling David Verdesis name as a friend of mine is interested in training with him, so i thought id do a little research.... oh man those are some heated threads! really interesting though, so then i was like whats all this stuff about Kunlun? so i checked out all those threads... whoa! really interesting its definately a cool forum kind of a fun but sincere look at things of this nature. I checked out the Kunlun website and there was a little vid of Lama Max Christensen where he is introduced as having studied under Chatral Rinpoche, this reminded me of a amusing story i was told concerning Chatral Rinpoche that kind of fits well with the crazy threads ive been reading...anyways Chatral Rinpoche is a very high lama within the Nyingma school and is a bit eccentric and definately non conformist- he is one of the only Tibetan masters who is vegetarian, he is quite old now i think somewhere around ninety, anyway this story happened sometime in the seventies, at that time there was a young american guy who came from a quite a wealthy family and had money at his disposal and was going around with lots of money asking masters for their highest teachings, so he goes to see Chatral Rinpoche with his money and his translator and starts asking for the high teachings,Chatral Rinpoche looks at him smiles and then speaks thru the translator who starts to look a bit embarrased, but translates the message - "yes you can have the teachings but i wont give them to you unless you eat my shit" needless to say the rich guy got quite offended and didnt end up with any teachings from Chatral Rinpoche. Anyways thought that was a pretty funny story and quite timely so thanks again james.

Sign in to follow this