Sign in to follow this  
Fire Dragon

kun lun wersus kan and li

Max talks about this, there is fire as well, I think it is either part of the first kunlun or it may be kunlun level two, I am not sure and I am by no means an expert, you'd do well to ask mantra...

I get both fire and water in Kunlun. Rising heat and descending coolness.

This shouldn't be much of a concern - what Kunlun seems to do (and I'm just practising from the book) is something beyond a 'formula'. With a formula you have to think about it and follow it... Most westerners already 'think' far too much - thinking is guaranteed to stop the flow of energy.

Thinking gets you focusing away from the present and on something that doesn't really exist (a thought).

Formulas are designed for the thinking mind. It's like a roadmap, and it's the easiest way of 'recording' and passing on knowledge.

What often happens is westerners pick up this road map and start to drive to their destination, but not once do they look at the actual road, so they end up going round in circles whilst their thinking mind creates the illusion that they're really achieving something.

Kunlun is like being told your destination is 'that way' and then sending you on your journey with no maps or safety nets.

This is often much faster since the maps and safety nets are the biggest hurdles for the western cultivator. Your body guides you to liberation - there is no need for a map as long as you can let go of your 'control' (a hint - you never really had control! your mind just makes you think you did).

I remember asking Mantra68 about Kunlun level 2 and he said it was very hot. Also, I believe if you read the book it actually says level 2 kunlun is kan and li. Or mixing level 1 and level 2 is kan and li.

Max teaches another practice at the workshop called Red Phoenix. He says combining K1 and RP gives you all you need from a spiritual development standpoint.

Max taught us a way to combine K1 and RP together which seemed to blend the two into one practice.

From my experience it appears once you get the Max practices going it's all very spontaneous and goes by itself. Even RP, which from the outside appears to be a fire practice, is very yin and flowing the way Max teaches and transmits it.

And yes, Mantra68 would know much more about this.

Sign in to follow this