Mig

Have someone read this?

The Philosophy of the I Ching 2nd Revised Edition

by Carol K. Anthony

I am wondering if someone has read this book and if it is an useful reading??

• Like 1

I have read this a while ago. I haven't a copy now. And I am not sure which edition it was. But the edition I read, was valuable and written well. It is not a big book, but is serious writing on themes the author sees in the Yi.

9 hours ago, Anzhi said:

I have read this a while ago. I haven't a copy now. And I am not sure which edition it was. But the edition I read, was valuable and written well. It is not a big book, but is serious writing on themes the author sees in the Yi.

In which way was valuable? How helpful is this book to understand the philosophy of the Yijing? How this reading helped you to understand better the book and the impact of those ideas into Chinese culture, language, philosophy, religion, traditional medicine, among many other fields?

It is a bit blurry and quite a while since I have had the book, I'm sorry. But I would say, with respect, if you are looking for something with the flavor of your serious and detailed questioning, she and you are not recipricol, in the way she approaches the Yi. You appear in your reponses more 'fire', direct and with a seeking burn, and I recall she is more 'water', very fluid, and intuitive. That maybe furthering if you want that change to explore with her, via her book. Or not, according to your own seasons. 
I am not a very good book reviewer nor an accomplished academic. More a psychologist or poet in my approach. Perhaps there may be a proper review on Amazon?